unelinstu's postgame chatter: vol 15, ed 14: vs. Iowa

cornfed24-7

31 minutes ago, huskerbill85 said:

8-6 probably puts us somewhere near the bubble for now right? This hasn't exactly been an easy schedule so if you told me 8-6 going into new years I would have told you pass the pipe

The St. John's loss, Oklahoma, and Memphis you can maybe explain away as not having DW.  I would say had we beat Purdue and been 9-5 right now, we were firmly on the bubble.  The PU loss stings, the IU loss is explainable being a road game.  We also looked like dog doo doo against KSU on a neutral floor.

This team is completely different with DW on the floor and in the starting lineup.  The confidence of the entire team has revolved around DW.  It's amazing really.  However, I don't think we're on any radars just yet.  We're still a "tough out in Lincoln" team on a lot of radars.  Not a true bubble contender yet.

Want to be on the bubble?  Win @ MSU and @Minny and then come and talk to me.  That's not too tall of a task this year and a right side of the bubble team needs to take advantage of those two games.

I have said this before - but it is amazing how much different this team is from what we had to watch the last couple of years.    Just a completely different level of effort.   So much fun to watch !

If we can find a way to keep getting this level of effort from the role players - and mix in high talent players who we can then get to play with them and have that effort lever rub off.   I actually think if Bryce McGowen had played with Bandoumel and Gary they would have made him play hard just by example.

That was a lot of fun tonight. Nebraska manhandled Iowa for a full 40 minutes. Now, if NU had been able to produce offensively the entire time with that stifling defense, the final score is likely more like 78-45. But, I'm not greedy, 66-50 still felt real, real good after prior years of heartless efforts by Hoi-ball. Adam Howard's a genius as Nebraska's defensive coordinator and the team's moxie is a thing of beauty at that end of the court, particularly Bandoumel badgering the opposing team's PG. He is a junkyard dog, and I love it!

Creighton:  check.  Iowa:  check.  Who's next on the most hated list?  Wisconsin?  Michigan?  Ohio State?

These guys are fun to watch.  The effort tonight was off the charts.  Pretty much out hustled Iowegia the entire game.

Liked the balanced scoring.  So nice to not have to watch hero-ball on 75% of the possessions.

The officials made some real head-scratching calls.  They evened out over the full 40 minutes, but, as usual, most of them got NU big guys in foul trouble.  Nice job by Oleg to give a few meaningful minutes.

Robraca's a pretty good ball player, but man, what a crybaby.

Edited by NUtball