Weidner Injury

Tom Jones

By saying this I don't mean to say that I lack respect for any injured player's desire to keep her/his health status quiet.  It's just unusual that nothing at all (at least that I have seen) has been stated or even hinted at. If the reason is that AW and her family don't want anything said, then I respect that.

But that doesn't keep me from hoping for a quick recovery and I would welcome any sign of optimism.  Which brings me to Wagner's comment in the morning LJS .... "With Weidner likely missing time due to a knee injury ...."  Likely?  Does that mean it's not a certainty?  And "missing time" sounds different than missing a season.  And so ends the morning "clutching at straws" 

28 minutes ago, Tom Jones said:

By saying this I don't mean to say that I lack respect for any injured player's desire to keep her/his health status quiet.  It's just unusual that nothing at all (at least that I have seen) has been stated or even hinted at. If the reason is that AW and her family don't want anything said, then I respect that.

But that doesn't keep me from hoping for a quick recovery and I would welcome any sign of optimism.  Which brings me to Wagner's comment in the morning LJS .... "With Weidner likely missing time due to a knee injury ...."  Likely?  Does that mean it's not a certainty?  And "missing time" sounds different than missing a season.  And so ends the morning "clutching at straws" 

Thank you for posting something on this subject. I too have been dismayed by the “radio silence” from the NU WBB program regarding the nature of her injury.  What purpose does that serve? As fans, we support the players and want to offer them prayers and encouragement when they tragically suffer unfortunate injuries like this. But I just feel like we’ve all been purposefully kept in the dark for a week now. 
Sorry, I don’t want to sound like an “entitled fan” - my heart is truly broken for a talented player whose season is apparently over. 

23 minutes ago, HUD said:

Neither Brady or Dilliard were on the team christmas picture as well at not being at the last 4 home games.  Maybe they graduated and moved on.

As far as I know, they are still on scholarship.  Roster management has had me puzzled for some time. We do not utilize scholarships wisely. 

1 hour ago, All About the Corn said:

As someone who follows the VB team, I just could not imagine that happening with them. The only time they would not be at matches was some type of illness. 12dozen you are correct, puzzling choice(s).

Can you imagine Volleyball having two of their scholarships tied up for years, on players that seldom, or never, see the court?  On top of that, we have two scholarships open this year.  Curious, at best.  Sorry to beat a dead horse.  Just annoys me.

I agree with roster management being questionable.  We also had thought Haiby was out for the year and Mendelson for the first 2 months.  We started the season with 10 players available including Brady and then she got hurt and went to 9 followed by Bournes injury putting us at 8. With the injuries we average each year that is not enough players available.  We should never go with 2 open scholarships especially when we have 2 more that are questionable.

Edited by HUD

6 hours ago, HUD said:

Neither Brady or Dilliard were on the team christmas picture as well at not being at the last 4 home games.  Maybe they graduated and moved on.

Personally, I believe it is past time to move on from these two.  Grant them medical hardships and go after some transfer portal players.  Jaz may not return and that makes next year problematic.

1 hour ago, Cazzie22 said:

Personally, I believe it is past time to move on from these two.  Grant them medical hardships and go after some transfer portal players.  Jaz may not return and that makes next year problematic.

Oh my. I hadn’t even considered Jaz deciding not to return next year. That would be another gutting loss 😫

Nope, don’t even want to think about that! 

2 hours ago, All About the Corn said:

I do not understand why NE lists both Jaz and Issie as juniors when they are really seniors. But it is not just them. Maddie is really a junior. They have this covid year into it and it can be confusing. 

If I remember correctly the coach asked each player how they wanted to be listed and they decided to include the covid year.  With that I believe that their initial intention was to play at NU as long as possible.  That comittment can change from player to player especially with the limited NIL money for foreign players.  I will be happy when the extra year due to covid is done with.  In my estimation most of the top Big Ten teams have benefited from this more than we have.