Iowa (8-4) vs. Nebraska (7-6) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

20 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Did anyone at the game see this?

Yeah right after his kid had to throw up an shot that was an air ball at the end of the shot clock.

I also saw/see how Fran does a really good job of using his “hot head show”. He was really working the one ref, but he really got into it so the crowd would yell whenSam was shooting free throws in the first.  Interesting way to use the home crowd to bring noise when the other team is shooting.

kind of like when the guy fouls out and walks around and fake sits while the home team is shooting a free throw.

47 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Yeah right after his kid had to throw up an shot that was an air ball at the end of the shot clock.

I also saw/see how Fran does a really good job of using his “hot head show”. He was really working the one ref, but he really got into it so the crowd would yell whenSam was shooting free throws in the first.  Interesting way to use the home crowd to bring noise when the other team is shooting.

kind of like when the guy fouls out and walks around and fake sits while the home team is shooting a free throw.

Oh yeah, I noticed that Franny Show in full feature during Sam's FT attempts. After Sam made them both, he shut up very quickly. I had a smirk on my face seeing the gamesmanship on display, because I was yelling at McCaffrey to shut up & Sam made him shut up. Ha.

1 hour ago, HuskerActuary said:

Not that many Iowa fans, really

Yeah, and I was kind of surprised at how quiet the Iowa fandom became that was there; their fans became almost deathly silent and it seemed to happen very, very quickly. We had droves of Hawk fans near us leave by halftime.

Edited by AuroranHusker

11 hours ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Agree.  He has a knack of yelling while getting into the peripheral vision of the shooter (Sam). He did this on more than one occasion.

Some would call this boorish behavior.  Some would call it poor sportsmanship.   Some would call it a brilliant coaching move.  I personally call him a d*ckhead!

4 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

Agree.  He has a knack of yelling while getting into the peripheral vision of the shooter (Sam). He did this on more than one occasion.

Some would call this boorish behavior.  Some would call it poor sportsmanship.   Some would call it a brilliant coaching move.  I personally call him a d*ckhead!

Our JV coach in high school always had a student manager sit by him with a program. When the opponent shot free throws, he would ask what the players name was, and he would act like he was yelling at someone on our team.

2 hours ago, Art Vandalay said:

Agree he is a tool but what’s funny is I have a friends who son was recruited by him. Said he was the total opposite in person, really cool, laid back guy.

Oh, I don't doubt it. Some people just do a 180 personality wise between the lines.

Plus, If he was as wound all the time as he is for 2-3 hours twice a week, he'd have set the world record for heart attacks at this point.

6 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Iowa lost to PSU today.  Something tells me they might be playing Wednesday of the B1G tourney.

They at least put up a fight against PSU. That's tough to do in front of the rabid 2,123 people who showed up (probably by accident, thinking it was a wrestling match).

On 1/1/2023 at 6:58 PM, jayschool said:

They at least put up a fight against PSU. That's tough to do in front of the rabid 2,123 people who showed up (probably by accident, thinking it was a wrestling match).

The empty chairs at Penn State are some of the most intimidating pieces of furniture you will find anywhere.