Chris Beard

Norm Peterson

UT basketball was on an upward trajectory. Had beaten Creighton the game before we played CU.

This will have reverberations and it will be interesting to see what happens. He's one of the best coaches in CBB. Will his career survive? Should it?

By the way, we have 4 common opponents with Texas this year, so what happens with them will affect our strength of schedule rating stuff.

Edited by Norm Peterson

In other sad coaching news, Mike Leach is not long for this world. Massive heart attack yesterday and it sounds like they've shifted him to palliative care/hospice until he passes. This is a bummer for me. I have always enjoyed his maverick behavior. He's a classic. A national treasure.

20 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

In other sad coaching news, Mike Leach is not long for this world. Massive heart attack yesterday and it sounds like they've shifted him to palliative care/hospice until he passes. This is a bummer for me. I have always enjoyed his maverick behavior. He's a classic. A national treasure.

Guy is a national treasure.  Love his craziness.  Would be a huge shock if he passed.

40 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Conflicting reports on this.  There are lots of reports of a massive stroke, not heart attack.  But lots of speculation either way.

Very sad news.

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

Agree Norm.  This one hit hard.  I thought he got a really raw deal at Tech.  He is whimsical and a bit different, which made me like him even more.

1 hour ago, 49r said:

Conflicting reports on this.  There are lots of reports of a massive stroke, not heart attack.  But lots of speculation either way.

Very sad news.

One of the news reports I read said that he was out for 15 minutes before paramedics were able to get a defibrillator to get his heart beating again. That sounds more like a heart attack than a stroke but I’m no expert.

Just now, Norm Peterson said:

One of the news reports I read said that he was out for 15 minutes before paramedics were able to get a defibrillator to get his heart beating again. That sounds more like a heart attack than a stroke but I’m no expert.

I'll defer to you on this then...all I've seen are unconfirmed (and admittedly somewhat sketchy) twitter reports.  In any event I'm sure we'll know the real story soon enough.

13 hours ago, 49r said:

I'll defer to you on this then...all I've seen are unconfirmed (and admittedly somewhat sketchy) twitter reports.  In any event I'm sure we'll know the real story soon enough.

He passed. Massive heart attack. It was 15 minutes before they were able to try to resuscitate him. May he Rest in Peace.