uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 15, ed 10: at Indiana

uneblinstu

18 minutes ago, brfrad said:

If you would have told me Johnson and Kopp was 1 - 8 from 3, and Jackson-Davis had 12 points, I would have thought we had a great chance to win and never imagined losing by 16.

You should have read my gamer because the sort of game we play sets us up for Jimmy Roleplayer to get hot against us

Last year’s team gets boat raced by 35 in this game. This year’s team made a couple of decent runs that were triggered by a good defensive effort.

Could tell TJD scouted Walker a lot. That being said, Walker still had some success on him. 

Those IU role players getting hot - sometimes it just happens. Let’s get Sam healthy and regroup for Saturday.

I think we are going to have to accept the fact that KT will make some mistakes and I’ll advised shots, but is capable of scoring 7-10 points in a row, likes done multiple times this season.

WB could’ve benefited from an injury free redshirt year. He is pretty raw.

Dawson gives great effort but it’s hard for me to see him belong too much offensively.

And where Lawrence is currently makes it all the more complexing that Ramel chose to redshirt. 
Let’s pack PBA saturday guys! 

1 hour ago, Cazzie22 said:

Despite the horrific beginning I saw a team continue to compete if often lacking in execution.  Maybe we can get some consistent scoring from Wilcher and Lawrence should have discovered he has much to improve upon.

Couldn’t agree more, we need Lawrence to be MORE than “just some guy”…

I am more confident in our team than before this game.  We are very decent.  I hope the coaches don’t change a thing on defense.  We played good defense.  They made everything.  It happens.  Hopefully guys having to take on a bigger role will make our offense better when we have the full team.  We can certainly beat that Indiana team our fair share.  I think we can beat this Purdue team as well.  

There was one instance in the early second half when Bandoumel closed out hard on a 3 point shooter and ran him off line and still recovered on that player to prevent him from compromising our defense.  You just do not see that type of play.  If he could improve his 3 point stroke drastically he could be a 3 and D NBA player.  His defense is NBA level for sure.  

32 minutes ago, royalfan said:

There was one instance in the early second half when Bandoumel closed out hard on a 3 point shooter and ran him off line and still recovered on that player to prevent him from compromising our defense.  You just do not see that type of play.  If he could improve his 3 point stroke drastically he could be a 3 and D NBA player.  His defense is NBA level for sure.  

I think i found that. Is it where he closes out on Xavier Johnson and Johnson attempts to drive around him and ends up turning the ball over?

All things considered (win hangover, no Sam, on the road), I was pretty happy with how last night went. Didn't come out with the juice and energy we needed to start the game, and DWalk got a little ahead of himself and forgot what a real defensive big looked like. But he adjusted, we adjusted, and I was very happy with their fight and resolve. A couple calls go our way, and a couple ridiculous 3's from them don't go in and that's a different game. 

25 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

I think i found that. Is it where he closes out on Xavier Johnson and Johnson attempts to drive around him and ends up turning the ball over?

I don't recall the specifics other than it was on the left wing and it was an incredible play. I was so shocked that he could do that, I don't even remember the result, but I am guessing this is the result. 

5 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

All things considered (win hangover, no Sam, on the road), I was pretty happy with how last night went. Didn't come out with the juice and energy we needed to start the game, and DWalk got a little ahead of himself and forgot what a real defensive big looked like. But he adjusted, we adjusted, and I was very happy with their fight and resolve. A couple calls go our way, and a couple ridiculous 3's from them don't go in and that's a different game. 

Yes sir! Outside of my renewed blind optimism going into last night I was interested to see how we handled IU to confirm CU wasn't a random fluky game. 

And last night did nothing but add to my blind optimism. The confirmation I got was we can play with everyone in this league. Now its gonna take all hands on deck. We can't afford to lose nearly any player. But if our starting 5 is available we can beat anybody on any given night.