WISCONSIN GAME DAY THREAD

12dozen

Nebraska Cornhuskers (6-3, 1-0 Big Ten)
vs. Wisconsin Badgers (3-7, 0-1 Big Ten)
Wednesday, December 7, 2022, 7 p.m. (CT)
Pinnacle Bank Arena - Lincoln, Nebraska
Tickets: Huskers.com / 1-800-8-BIG-RED
Live Video: 
B1G+
Live Radio: Huskers Radio Network (6:45 p.m.)
Matt Coatney (PBP), Jeff Griesch (Analyst)
Lincoln (107.3 FM), Omaha (105.9 FM)
Huskers.com, Huskers App
Special Event: Marines Toys for Tots Collection

Huskers Return Home for Big Ten Battle with Badgers
The Nebraska women's basketball team returns home for the first time in 15 days when the Huskers play host to Wisconsin on Wednesday. 

Tip-off between the Huskers (6-3, 1-0 Big Ten) and Wisconsin (3-7, 0-1 Big Ten) is set for 7 p.m. (CT) at Pinnacle Bank Arena. A live video stream will be provided to subscribers of B1G+ with Big Ten Student U announcers Connor Clark and Peyton Thomas on the call. The game also can be heard live on the Huskers Radio Network with Matt Coatney and Jeff Griesch on the call on 107.3 FM in Lincoln and 105.9 FM in Omaha, the Huskers App and Huskers.com.

Will be interesting game. Glad it's a home game. Obviously an important B1G game, that we must be ready for and come out of the gate fast.  When we don't, the game war can last too long. Can't let up after Maryland. Need to prove it wasn't a fluke, rather that's who we are.

Wisky is improving (building the team) and has more talent than last year. They have improved height, and some good newer players. 

Maybe we will see Haiby soon.  More likely in a home game versus road game.  Also Mendelson should be available for the Wyoming game or Michigan at the latest.  As previously noted I would like to see her & Markowski together with Bourne at the three position after Maggie gets her feet wet.  Could be quite a matchup problem for opposing teams.  Bourn did play successfully some there last year. 

3 hours ago, Tom Jones said:

Thanks 12Dozen. i am shocked at the lack of advance coverage of this game in LJS.  The starting lineups are shown in the bottom left hand corner on page two.  But there is no story at all. 

I copy and paste my little blurb from the Huskers.com site.  They have a more detailed article on each game.  Just select WBB as the team, and you are in business.

1 hour ago, HUD said:

Maybe we will see Haiby soon.  More likely in a home game versus road game.  Also Mendelson should be available for the Wyoming game or Michigan at the latest.  As previously noted I would like to see her & Markowski together with Bourne at the three position after Maggie gets her feet wet.  Could be quite a matchup problem for opposing teams.  Bourn did play successfully some there last year. 

Mendelson, Markowski and Bourne. Man, that would be a formidable frontline!  Was really hoping (still am hoping) that Kendall Coley would have a breakout season in the 3 spot this year. She seems more comfortable there than trying to play the 4 on the inside 

2 hours ago, HUD said:

Agree with post !

Been looking forward to that day since Mendelson committed.  What a combination banging the boards.  6-5 and 6-3    To play one, then sub for the other would be a waste of what they could offer as a team....or am I hallucinating again.

Looking farther down the road.... it could change our offensive scheme. (I would play with it anyway...but Williams ain't my name)  Fun to think about.

Sam and Mendelson playing ....may take a few games to get up to B1G speed...the sooner the better.

Edited by redsteve

How did our roster get this depleted?  We cannot sustain our performance with 8 players.  Bourne in a sling has to be concerning.  Good thing we play Samford next.  We have to get a full squad of scholarship players and add walk-ons.  

Tonight, we shot lights out and moved the ball well offensively.  When we shoot like tonight we will be a tough out. 

Edited by Cazzie22
Spelling

1 hour ago, 12dozen said:

Brady too?   Imagine no Dillard yet.  Playing with 8?

Guess that's all they need! (at least tonight)

Good Production from everyone. All eight players Scored, and 6 had at least one Trey!!! Kendall Coley with 6 pts & 26 mins (is that a career high?) Hake with 3 pts (trey) and 9 mins.

Good Job Everyone!!! :Bow:

:Gobigred: