Regardless of the W/L record, try to enjoy watching Derrick Walker this year

Norm Peterson

1 hour ago, REM72 said:

In my lifetime, I have had the pleasure of watching both Larry Cox and Derrick Walker.  Watched Cox while in college at UNL.  Loved him!  Attended a game in the Coliseum against OU and their star Waymon Tisdale.  Can't remember who won, or the score of the game.  Those early games are what gave me a love for Husker basketball.

Glad to have another geezer on here to join Papa and me in remembering watching Larry Cox.   But Papa's right, it wasn't Tisdale playing with him; they played at different times--Cox was a senior in '76, and Tisdale played at OU from '82-85.    I also remember seeing Waymon for the first time, his freshman year, in a big snow storm where those hardy enough got invited to move down and make a bunch of noise.  My memory is we won a very close game, but it was easy to see what a great player Waymon was going to be.    Sad that he passed at age 44. 

• 3 weeks later...

All-time Husker appearances at this event

Nebraska's NABC All-Star Game Participants
Year        Player, Position
1972       Chuck Jura, Center
1991       Rich King, Center
1994       Eric Piatkowski, Guard
2008       Aleks Maric, Center
2015       Tim Miles, Coach
2019       James Palmer Jr., Guard
2023       Derrick Walker, Forward

3 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

One last chance to enjoy watching Derrick Walker this year as a college player, Friday at 3:30 PM.

He's the first Husker in this game since James Palmer in 2019

My new all-time favorite candy bar is the Reese's Take 5.  It's yummy!  Is the game televised?