MARYLAND GAME DAY THREAD

12dozen

Nebraska Cornhuskers (5-3)
at 20/21 Maryland Terrapins (7-2)
Sunday, December 4, 2022, Noon (CT)
Xfinity Center - College Park, Maryland

Live Video: B1G+
Live Radio: Huskers Radio Network (11:45 a.m.)
Matt Coatney (PBP), Jeff Griesch (Analyst)
Lincoln (107.3 FM), Omaha (590 AM)
Huskers.com, Huskers App

Huskers Open Big Ten Play at No. 20 Maryland Sunday
The Nebraska women's basketball team begins Big Ten Conference play when the Huskers take on No. 20 Maryland on Sunday in College Park. 

Tip-off between the Huskers (5-3) and the Terrapins (7-2) is set for Noon (CT) at the Xfinity Center. A live video stream will be provided to subscribers of B1G+.

Nebraska's game with Maryland also can be heard live on the Huskers Radio Network with Matt Coatney and Jeff Griesch on the call on 107.3 FM in Lincoln and 590 AM in Omaha, the Huskers App and Huskers.com.

The clash with the No. 20 Terps will be Nebraska's third game against a top-20 opponent this season - all on the road - and it completes a two-game East Coast road trip following Thursday's 85-54 loss at unbeaten and No. 9 Virginia Tech in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge.

10 minutes ago, 12dozen said:

Maryland up 36 - 31 at the half.  Looks like a short bench again.  Not seeing Brady or Dillard on the bench, but could be mistaken.  Sam might be dressed, but doubt she plays.  Markowski picked up her 2nd foul early in the 2nd period, and sat the rest.  Fairly close game, considering.

Sam is dressed, but the other two not on the trip. And GRAB THE DAMN BALL!!!!!

Not sure I thought I would live to see and hear this!  NU women beat Maryland in hoops- at their place- by 23 pts!!  Thanks in no small part to Jaz' hot shooting and 29 pts. and some kinda surprisingly scrappy D!  Worried how this might turn out after the presumed possible hangover from Thurs night.  Tremendous effort.  GBR!!!  🌽 🏀 😍

Edited by mwm89

Where the h e l l has this been ???   Maybe getting spanked a couple of times, awakened the sleeping giant.

Great Great win no matter how you slice it.  

The shooting percentages are just reversed from our last loss.  50% shooting does wonders for the scoreboard. 

Weidner has recovered from the smack in the face, wouldn't you say ? Thought Maddie had her best game as a husker

Coach must have given Jazz the go ahead to score a couple of games ago. 

WOW WOW

Edited by redsteve

I had trouble getting on the site but I have to express my delight at the BIG win over Maryland.  I wouldn’t have believed it after other road performances but the team obviously regrouped while staying out on the road.  Great job handling and attacking Maryland’s pressure.  Let’s build off this win and take care of the Badgers! Great win!

Speechless!  This team is never going to be elite defensively but it can play solid team d with effort.  If it does it will be In almost every game even when their shooting is not lights out.  When they’re hot like today AND have good d they’re really fun to watch!  

And this W wasn’t just because we were hot from 3.  We did make 12 3s, but also 18 2s and 18 FTs.  And all of this on the road, where we’re supposed to suck, after a humiliating loss.  Don’t know what buttons you pushed Amy, but push them again while avoiding the VTech ones.