VIRGINIA TECH GAME DAY THREAD

12dozen

Nebraska Cornhuskers (5-2)
at 9/9 Virginia Tech Hokies (6-0)

Thursday, December 1, 2022, 6 p.m. (CT)
Cassell Coliseum - Blacksburg, Virginia
Live TV: 
ACC Network
Sam Ravech (PBP), Brooke Weisbrod (Analyst)
Live Video: ESPN+
Live Radio: Huskers Radio Network (5:45 p.m.)
Matt Coatney (PBP), Jeff Griesch (Analyst)
Lincoln (105.3 FM), Omaha (105.9 FM)
Huskers.com, Huskers App

Huskers Head to Hokies for ACC/Big Ten Challenge 
The Nebraska women's basketball team returns to the road to take on No. 9 Virginia Tech in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge on Thursday, Dec. 1. 

Tip-off between the Huskers (3-2) and the unbeaten Hokies (6-0) is set for 6 p.m. (CT) at Cassell Coliseum in Blacksburg, Va. 

The game will be televised live on the ACC Network with Sam Ravech and Brooke Weisbrod on the call. A live video stream will be available on ESPN+ and the WatchESPN App.

ACCN (ACC espn network)  is 213 on Cox in Omaha. I have it and didn't realize what all it is. I see it has replays from last weekend games.

Never watched it much. Anyway, ...great!

The game...this may be an uphill battle. It will give us a feel for where we are in the big stack of things.

Edited by redsteve

8 hours ago, 12dozen said:

The game will be televised live on the ACC Network with Sam Ravech and Brooke Weisbrod on the call. A live video stream will be available on ESPN+ and the WatchESPN App.

Thanks for the heads-up @12dozen (and @All About the Cornfor specifically mentioning it)  Turns out my Comcast provider carries the ACCN channel as part of my package.  It if weren't for your info I would have missed it (the video)!  :Salute:

Edited by Red Don

VA Tech leads the Huskers by 11 pts at the Half: 24-35.

A little over-matched I'm afraid, with Haiby out and Brady possibly out for the remainder of the game.
But, more importantly, out-shot, 32.3% to 44.8% and 2-11 treys to 6-13.

Still only 11 down, if we start finding our range we have a chance to come back in the 2nd Half. :Cheer2::Shout::Cheer2:

Halftime Stats:

image.png

image.png

Edited by Red Don

:ph34r:  From someone at the Game 

Halftime 35-24 VT

The Huskers are playing good defense against Kiley IMO. Unfortunately the shots just didn't fall for most of the half.

As could be expected, VT's 6'6 C Kiley is absolutely dominating on the boards. It got worse when Markowski was out because of fouls. VT's opponents aren't going to get many second chance points against her.

Jeff and Matt have correctly pointed out that the 2nd half could come down to fouls/injuries.

Trinity Brady hasn't returned to the court. VT's #1 player off the bench not only isn't playing, she's not in the building. G Ashley Owusu cut her hand and only returned to the bench late in the half