unelinstu's postgame chatter: vol 15, ed 8: Boston College

uneblinstu

2 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

A few of us were discussing Keisei after the game.  He has unquestionably upped his game.  His defense, his consistency and his ability to get to the rim (and his creativity at the rim) seemingly all improved.

But, I think his number one asset is his annoyabilty.  He is like a flea that the opponent wants to slap away; but he just buzzes around.  We haven't had "that guy" for quite some time.  I hope that he can keep it up.  He certainly is, or is becoming a fan favorite. 

I think the offensive skill set has always been there (saw glimpses of his expanded game last season) but his role last season was to shoot the 3. He's savvy with the ball in his hands and his movement without the ball makes him hard to guard. His defense has taken a noticeable step up especially the last couple of games. IMO, his main issue on defense besides being undersized and not overly athletic boiled down to want to. I saw someone who wanted to defend last night. Hopefully this continues going forward.

1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

Looking back— wondering if they called him for kicking the ball on that one vs a foul.  The ref made the kicking motion.  

The ref did make the kicking motion but it looked like he also motioned to the scorers table the number of a player making it appear he was calling a foul. Go figure?

4 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

I distinctly remember them coming out in the 2nd half just jacking up 3s which isn't sustainable for a bad shooting team like that.  That allowed us to live through our typical shaky 2nd half start.  Poor coaching/execution on their part doomed them and we very much took advantage.

I only saw the last 2 minutes of the first half and then the second half.  First live action I've seen this year.

It was awful nice of BC to make the half time decision to honor their host and come out and attempt a spot on impersonation of a typical Nebrasketball shooting performance.  I give them an A+ with bonus points for that.  As stated elsewhere, Nebraska's defensive work in the 2nd half sure helped in that regard.

Definitely a fun game to watch.  Those type of games have certainly been few and far between over the last several years.  This team does seem to have a good chemistry.  Hopefully they can keep building on that, get a few upsets along the way and prove my season prediction horribly wrong.