Boston College (5-2) vs. Nebraska (4-3) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

I think Keisei showed you play and you score when you move with purpose and cut.  The ball movement and cutting improved as the game went on.  Some was Boston College tiring, but I hope some of it was because they saw it led to buckets.  Also helps when our shooting spreads out the defense.  Wilcher and Keisei both hitting makes us pretty darn tough.

4 hours ago, Nighthawk said:

Kind of shocked we got dogs at halftime instead of a football coach intro. Are they saving that for later...or just going to skip doing anything until Spring game...and just avoid the whole process. 

The plan was to do it tonight but with everything that happened they cancelled it

2 hours ago, mkroll12345 said:

The plan was to do it tonight but with everything that happened they cancelled it

Yup... probably a good thing.  Would not want to ruin a fantastic Husker Basketball game with introducing a new Football coach.  They need to wait until a game they know we are going to lose...just to help numb the pain.

3 hours ago, Nighthawk said:

Yup... probably a good thing.  Would not want to ruin a fantastic Husker Basketball game with introducing a new Football coach.  They need to wait until a game they know we are going to lose...just to help numb the pain.

Maybe they decided to wait until Sunday so the Jayskers can join in.

11 hours ago, brfrad said:

According to live stats, that was only his 2nd foul.

Some funky business absolutely happened with Walker's fouls. He clearly picked up two early - announcers said it and the foul was on him watching it. I couldn't believe when he picked up his "3rd" in the first half that it got corrected to his "2nd." 

39 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

Some funky business absolutely happened with Walker's fouls. He clearly picked up two early - announcers said it and the foul was on him watching it. I couldn't believe when he picked up his "3rd" in the first half that it got corrected to his "2nd." 

‘It happened right in front of me. I thought the first one was called a foul to. Because he seemed to call a kick and then a foul. However they clarified and just called a kicked ball

1 hour ago, basketballjones said:

The black haired ref (Kelly?) is a twit.  I swear he was the only ref blowing his whistle early on...or so it seemed.

11 hours ago, Cazzie22 said:

Shooting percentage was terrific tonight.  Players ran offense, moved the ball and knocked down open shots.  Great to see because next three games are brutal though I expect Creighton to be a little bruised by Texas tomorrow night. 

Funny what happens when you have team play, vs. hero ball.

1 hour ago, Huskerpapa said:

The black haired ref (Kelly?) is a twit.  I swear he was the only ref blowing his whistle early on...or so it seemed.

He's the worst ref that I have ever watched. I absolutely cannot stand him. He's been a pain in our ass since the Miles days. He makes egregiously wrong and strange calls every game. And he's also annoyingly by the book. Zero feel for the game or little nuances. 

Also used to have the dumbest haircut I'd ever seen, but he's corrected that, showing a semblance of self-awareness I was not sure he had. 

27 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

He's the worst ref that I have ever watched. I absolutely cannot stand him. He's been a pain in our ass since the Miles days. He makes egregiously wrong and strange calls every game. And he's also annoyingly by the book. Zero feel for the game or little nuances. 

Also used to have the dumbest haircut I'd ever seen, but he's corrected that, showing a semblance of self-awareness I was not sure he had. 

his hair was on the order of Moe.