Inevitable?

ConkTrifecta3

4 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Trev indicated he was totally engulfed in his football coaching search.  Now, I am sure Trev is a multi-tasker; but has he had the time or want to even consider ending Fred's reign??? I say no.

Getting that vibe as well. They just dumped a bunch of money to make Rhule the 8th highest paid CFB coach in the nation with a solid assistant pool. I don't think he's too interested in paying another buyout and doing a new search right now. Pry will just rely on the offseason football hype to get through a subpar basketball season if it indeed happens. 

Edited by OmahaHusker

2 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

We're going to fire Fred for Christmas?  I mean, come on.

He's going to finish the season and we'll see if he wins enough games to make it interesting. 

Absolutely. Frost getting fired was a completely different situation.

Football was in a downward spiral with some decent talent on the team with the potential that the season could be salvaged under new leadership. Trev specifically said after he fired frost that part of the reason to do it so early was to give the team and players a chance this year.

On the basketball side we have a under talented team that appears to be battling their butts off to get anything they can out of the year. Hitting reset and canning our coach doesn’t give the players a better shot to win, it probably gives them a much worse shot.