Jump to content

Inevitable?


ConkTrifecta3
 Share

Recommended Posts

We are getting to the point of “must wins”. And tomorrow against Florida St. is one Fred really really needs. 
 

Florida St. 

Boston College

at Creighton

Kansas St 

Queens

 

Lets give Fred the benefit of the doubt… and says he gets 3 of the above.  He will be sitting at 6-5.  He will then need 10-10 to make postseason likely. 
 

Is this thing all but done?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ConkTrifecta3 said:

We are getting to the point of “must wins”. And tomorrow against Florida St. is one Fred really really needs. 
 

Florida St. 

Boston College

at Creighton

Kansas St 

Queens

 

Lets give Fred the benefit of the doubt… and says he gets 3 of the above.  He will be sitting at 6-5.  He will then need 10-10 to make postseason likely. 
 

Is this thing all but done?


You’re missing the two December B1G games.  Those will likely both be losses.  So we’re looking at 6-7 heading into conference after Christmas.

 

And that’s a BIG if on getting three of the above.  Get 2 and it’s 5-8 and just getting 1 is 4-9.

Edited by hskr4life
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, ConkTrifecta3 said:

We are getting to the point of “must wins”. And tomorrow against Florida St. is one Fred really really needs. 
 

Florida St. 

Boston College

at Creighton

Kansas St 

Queens

 

Lets give Fred the benefit of the doubt… and says he gets 3 of the above.  He will be sitting at 6-5.  He will then need 10-10 to make postseason likely. 
 

Is this thing all but done?

Part of me thinks 4 out 5 is doable with Crayton naming their score.  Reality is they may only get 1.  If they lose tonight and only get one of those, the wheels alhave completely fallen off.  Buckle up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Man I like Fred and want him to succeed. It would be best for everyone if he got the program in gear and made the postseason, even if it’s the CBI. I’m looking at what we are spending for the football program. I fully expect Trev to go cheap and go for a young guy with high potential. I hope he gets the right guy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I saw something different tonight. Was it me or did that look like one of his Cyclone teams?  If he can get to 15 wins somehow and make the CBi…. He just might keep his job. 
I really think Trev likes Fred and wants him to be successful. Its different than it was with Scott in my opinion.  I think any post season and he stays. 

Edited by ConkTrifecta3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, ConkTrifecta3 said:

I saw something different tonight. Was it me or did that look like one of his Cyclone teams?  If he can get to 15 wins somehow and make the CBi…. He just might keep his job. 


I really think Trev likes Fred and wants him to be successful. Its different than it was with Scott in my opinion.  I think any post season and he stays. 

Agreed. If we get to the CBI, that’s something to build on. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fred's record will be part of why his is let go but more than likely, it will be the crowd (or lack thereof).  The crowd is as worse as I've ever seen with nobody showing up and it's like going to a funeral.  Even the students aren't into the game or making any noise.  When tickets sales get this bad, it usually results in the coach getting fired.  There is to much revenue being lost.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, kldm64 said:

Fred's record will be part of why his is let go but more than likely, it will be the crowd (or lack thereof).  The crowd is as worse as I've ever seen with nobody showing up and it's like going to a funeral.  Even the students aren't into the game or making any noise.  When tickets sales get this bad, it usually results in the coach getting fired.  There is to much revenue being lost.  


Got an email that they are offering a buy one get one for the Boston College game.  The ACC opponent is usually one of the ones to get sold out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kldm64 said:

Fred's record will be part of why his is let go but more than likely, it will be the crowd (or lack thereof).  The crowd is as worse as I've ever seen with nobody showing up and it's like going to a funeral.  Even the students aren't into the game or making any noise.  When tickets sales get this bad, it usually results in the coach getting fired.  There is to much revenue being lost.  

The tickets (or a lot of them) are sold.  These preseason games are perhaps not the best litmus test.  

This team is not the most talented, but they are more enjoyable to watch.  I am betting that the arena will be a bit more boisterous for many of the upcoming games, specifically the league games.

Edited by Huskerpapa
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is the make or break stretch for Fred. That stretch actually started with St. John's.

You can throw out Ark. Pine Bluff and Queens games. Winning won't help, however losing either of those would be devastating.

Beating FSU or BC won't help him either, where as losing will be another nail.

It really comes down to 3 games that would prevent him from being fired before Christmas.

Those games are Creighton, Indiana and Purdue. 

It is important to Note that there is a 7 day break between when we play Purdue and KSU. 

 

If HCFH is let go before the season ends I could see Adam Howard being promoted as interim over Nate Loenser.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Ron Mexico said:

FTR, I don't see him winning any of those 3 which is why I believe he will be let go by Christmas.

 

It seems ludicrous to think that Alberts looks at these 3 games in the same way.  He doesn't appear to be that short sighted.  Perhaps if we are completely non-competitive then the narrative shifts but to think Fred has to make some noise against three top 10 teams seems like a bit of a stretch.  Losing all three may be a part of any narrative of why he is fired at the end of the year (along with a lot of losses in the BIG as well) but I can't imagine losing these three games causes him to get the ax in season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

 

It seems ludicrous to think that Alberts looks at these 3 games in the same way.  He doesn't appear to be that short sighted.  Perhaps if we are completely non-competitive then the narrative shifts but to think Fred has to make some noise against three top 10 teams seems like a bit of a stretch.  Losing all three may be a part of any narrative of why he is fired at the end of the year (along with a lot of losses in the BIG as well) but I can't imagine losing these three games causes him to get the ax in season.

Disclaimer - I know nothing. But it could be the moment, not dissimilar to Frost, where he's like, "I've seen enough." I have hope we are competitive in those three games. But I could also see the barn doors getting blown off. And if that's the case how many more times do you want to see that the rest of the season? Do I think it happens? No. But damn, Ron Mexico has not wavered at all in this prediction.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think he's got a fairly long leash as far as not getting canned mid-season. This team isn't as good as the 2014 team that made the tourney but that team looked super awful early in the year so we'll be patient I'd imagine. I certainly don't expect this team will have that kind of turnaround but if they can show some growth and competitiveness he may get a bit more time. Or maybe Fred leaves himself ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

 

It seems ludicrous to think that Alberts looks at these 3 games in the same way.  He doesn't appear to be that short sighted.  Perhaps if we are completely non-competitive then the narrative shifts but to think Fred has to make some noise against three top 10 teams seems like a bit of a stretch.  Losing all three may be a part of any narrative of why he is fired at the end of the year (along with a lot of losses in the BIG as well) but I can't imagine losing these three games causes him to get the ax in season.

In the end it won't be those 3 games, but rather the cumulative of the previous seasons.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, cornfed24-7 said:

Disclaimer - I know nothing. But it could be the moment, not dissimilar to Frost, where he's like, "I've seen enough." I have hope we are competitive in those three games. But I could also see the barn doors getting blown off. And if that's the case how many more times do you want to see that the rest of the season? Do I think it happens? No. But damn, Ron Mexico has not wavered at all in this prediction.

Full disclosure I heard this from a very reliable source so it isn't my inside information.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Husker4theSpurs said:

I think he's got a fairly long leash as far as not getting canned mid-season. This team isn't as good as the 2014 team that made the tourney but that team looked super awful early in the year so we'll be patient I'd imagine. I certainly don't expect this team will have that kind of turnaround but if they can show some growth and competitiveness he may get a bit more time. Or maybe Fred leaves himself ...

He won't leave voluntarily.

Edited by Ron Mexico
Spelling mistake
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...