Oklahoma (3-1) vs. Nebraska (3-1) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

2 hours ago, basketballjones said:

Not that the bird hasn’t been screaming the last couple years… but for this season, this game will be the canary in the coal mine for me. 

Oklahoma is not great, and they won’t overwhelm us with pace. If this is a double digit loss, it’s probably safe to say we won’t win more than 1-3 games in conference.  

Screenshot_20221124-143646_Samsung Internet.jpg

Teams seem to have definitely decided to play us aggressively defensively - which seems smart.   We don't shoot free throws well and we don't really handle the pressure well.  Even if it is not creating turnovers we just have a tough time running offense when teams are hand checking and pressuring on D.    Final part of that is I think Fred is simply to nice to the officials I think - doesn't like to complain as much as other coaches do - which should not be effective but it is, particularly in games with teams playing aggressive D.   If you foul constantly and then still complain about every call - refs just start to get reluctant to make calls.

3 minutes ago, HuskerBB said:

Teams seem to have definitely decided to play us aggressively defensively - which seems smart.   We don't shoot free throws well and we don't really handle the pressure well.  Even if it is not creating turnovers we just have a tough time running offense when teams are hand checking and pressuring on D.    Final part of that is I think Fred is simply to nice to the officials I think - doesn't like to complain as much as other coaches do - which should not be effective but it is, particularly in games with teams playing aggressive D.   If you foul constantly and then still complain about every call - refs just start to get reluctant to make calls.

The refs called it pretty tight.  OU had 12 fouls in the 1st half.  We shot 13 free throws, including missing 1 front end.  Only foul I thought they missed was the elbow to the head on Griesel.  Will they call it this tight in the 2nd half?

Edited by brfrad