DRAKE GAME DAY THREAD (day early)

12dozen

With the early football game tomorrow, thought I would get this going now.  

#22/#22 Nebraska Cornhuskers (2-1)
at Drake Bulldogs (1-1)
Saturday, November 19, 2022, 2 p.m. (CT)
Knapp Center - Des Moines, Iowa
Live Video: 
ESPN+
Live Radio: Huskers Radio Network (1:45 p.m.)
Matt Coatney (PBP), Jeff Griesch (Analyst)
Lincoln (107.3 FM), Omaha (105.9 FM)
Huskers.com, Huskers App

Huskers Look to Bounce Back at Bulldogs 
The No. 22 Nebraska women's basketball team looks to rebound from its first loss of the season, when the Huskers travel to Des Moines to take on Drake Saturday afternoon. Tip-off between the Big Red (2-1) and the Bulldogs (1-1) at the Knapp Center is set for 2 p.m. (CT).

A live video stream of Nebraska's game with Drake will be available on ESPN+. Fans can listen to the call of Matt Coatney and Jeff Griesch on the Huskers Radio Network (107.3 FM in Lincoln and 105.9 FM in Omaha), the Huskers App and on Huskers.com.

Better be ready. This is going to be a test. Might go down to the wire.

Drake's a good team. One (Meyer), played at Iowa, before transfering. They play their starting 5 most of the game. Have some height. Guards are good. (One is a scorer

....(Dennebier) sp

Focus and aggressiveness in big demand.  And defense of course.

Won't be Big East officials, so hopefully no influence by calls.

Don't even need to finish watching

Typical Amy Williams team

Don't play defense ever

Conditioning still sucks ALWAYS!!  I have never seen such a thing. Our girls can't even keep feet under them. Drake looks like they been walking the whole game 

Other notes

Let's hope Maggie and Sam make a difference 

Can Jazz get her shot back

I would of never guessed our transfers would of been that big of a miss

I still sadly don't think Amy will ever be able to recruit to make Nebraska a contender and will always be middle of the pack but better than last like the guys

Edited by KarlHessEatMy....

32 minutes ago, KarlHessEatMy.... said:

Other notes

Let's hope Maggie and Sam make a difference 

Can Jazz get her shot back

I would of never guessed our transfers would of been that big of a miss

I still sadly don't think Amy will ever be able to recruit to make Nebraska a contender and will always be middle of the pack but better than last like the guys

Agree, newcomers not contributing much (yet?).  Well coached teams, do seem to expose our defensive deficiencies.  Nothing new.  If we can find our shooting touch, we should be competitive.  Middle of the conference pack?

Not sure how much help Sam and MM will be.  Sam usually plays better as the season goes along.  Shortened season won't help.  And Maggie?  The young lady could be participating in her senior year of high school.  Heck of a jump, to B1G competition.  Regardless, fingers crossed.

12 hours ago, Redhac said:

Last year NE won 89-68 with Haiby with 15, Scoggin with 16, and Cravens with 2.  Need more and etter offense and defense.

5 of 24 from three range won't cut it.  Last year, we hit 12 threes (12/29).  That's another 21 points.  Drake also had 27 turnovers last year.  Hope it was just one bad game. But to your point, better offense and defense would have won this game.  Hoping this was just one bad outing.

I was freezing in the stands of the football game and heard very little of the game and when we were down 17 in 2nd half I quit listening.  It’s apparent that we miss Sam and Cravens and even Ruby Porter could provide a spark on occasion. Brady is a non factor and Krull hasn’t been very productive.

Bourne, Markowski and Jaz need to step up their game.  

17 minutes ago, Cazzie22 said:

I was freezing in the stands of the football game and heard very little of the game and when we were down 17 in 2nd half I quit listening.  It’s apparent that we miss Sam and Cravens and even Ruby Porter could provide a spark on occasion. Brady is a non factor and Krull hasn’t been very productive.

Sam was suited up.

1 hour ago, Cazzie22 said:

Brady and Dillard have taken up valuable scholarships for the past few years.  I appreciate loyalty, and having players backs, but this doesn't come off as sound roster management.  Not much bang for the buck.