Ramel Lloyd

TourneyBound

4 hours ago, millerhusker said:

I think the argument is... he didn't decide to redshirt until after practices started. Sometime in October-November. Maybe that's also when he decided he was going to transfer. If you're going to transfer, why waste a year of eligibility? His transfer portal stock is probably still higher now, being a fairly highly thought of high school recruit, than it would be if he played minimal minutes on a ~.500 team.   Anyway, someone recently said Ramel is 100% N so let's hope that is true. 

That makes sense.

On 1/24/2023 at 6:44 PM, Norm Peterson said:

Early in the fall, he was struggling picking up the offense. Then he got that going but was still lagging on picking up the defense. By the time the season rolled around, he'd made good strides in both, but perhaps he just thought he needed more time. Sometimes people (perfectionists, for example) want to wait until they feel like they are ready. Perhaps he's one of those perfectionists.

Norm must have the inside track 🧐

• 2 months later...
Just now, Huskerpapa said:

Uh oh

Could be he's planning to relocate but also could be that he's doing a cleanup to take more advantage of NIL or could be some other reason. 

The funny thing about Lloyd is that from his social media is that I think he wants Nebraska fans to be excited about him but the problem is that his stuff seems to go out of it's way to emphasize his business like approach where unfortunately 'business like' implies that he'll leave if a better opportunity presented itself. If some of the goal is to increase his appeal to the fanbase, he just needs to give some indication he's engaged here. Maybe I'm wrong and that doesn't matter to him. We'll see. 

14 minutes ago, Jefe said:

Your wrong

I guess it comes down to whether or not it matters if I'm wrong.  If it matters that I'm wrong, I'm trying to point out why it is that I might be coming to the wrong conclusion and also trying to point out what might bring me to the right conclusion.

I just wanna say this is a talented kid who is in line to get a lot of minutes here next year no matter what else happens in recruiting. If he wants to play point, we'll have lots of minutes at point. If he wants to be a combo guard, we'll have lots of minutes for that as well. If he wants to be a 3-and-D wing, we'll have lots of minutes for that, too. And I think he's talented enough to command a bunch of those minutes. I've been looking forward to seeing this kid play for a year now. November can't come soon enough as far as I'm concerned.

47 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

I just wanna say this is a talented kid who is in line to get a lot of minutes here next year no matter what else happens in recruiting. If he wants to play point, we'll have lots of minutes at point. If he wants to be a combo guard, we'll have lots of minutes for that as well. If he wants to be a 3-and-D wing, we'll have lots of minutes for that, too. And I think he's talented enough to command a bunch of those minutes. I've been looking forward to seeing this kid play for a year now. November can't come soon enough as far as I'm concerned.

If him and Jamarques can stick around for a few years and we could get rice and Dunlap I’d love that core as the young guys going forward and recruit pieces around them.  Length, athleticism and shooting ability.

I was wanting to get caught up on who Ramel is as a player, and forgot that I had watched this a couple years ago. I forgot how much of a Point Guard I found him to be. Clearly has incredible, heads up, court vision and just knows where guys are. I think I've kinda settled on that he reminds me a lot of Sammy G and Delano Banton in 1 player. But not as tall/long as Delano (but a better scorer), and not as physically big as Sam (but a craftier passer). 

https://www.google.com/search?q=ramel+lloyd+jr&rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS917US917&sxsrf=APwXEdeWDncwJVdZZik1QzEV6yI63fWN4w:1681841238630&source=lnms&tbm=vid&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiXjuPsgrT-AhWfkIkEHR3yA5AQ0pQJegQIBBAG&biw=1224&bih=730&dpr=2#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:a3d1c830,vid:tsH3nwgeExU