Maine (0-0) vs. Nebraska (0-0) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

13 hours ago, huskercappy said:

Wait a minute,  Did I watch the same game as these people?  We lack any semblance of talent. All the cohesiveness in the world won't change the fact that we are horrible.  I think I'm more upset that I'll have to listen to these excuses all year. Okay, we're bad, but we're good people. Sheesh!

I'm not holding out any hope based on last two games, but Coach said that he hasn't opened up the playbook with the preseason games.  Think we will get a bit better picture tonight of how the team truly looks.  

2 hours ago, Nighthawk said:

I'm not holding out any hope based on last two games, but Coach said that he hasn't opened up the playbook with the preseason games.  Think we will get a bit better picture tonight of how the team truly looks.  

I wouldn't expect us to open the playbook much the first two games unless we get in trouble.  With all due respect to Maine and Omaha (and knowing our track record for blowing buy games in the Hoiberg Era), they're more like Chadron St than they are Colorado.

1 minute ago, hhcmatt said:

I wouldn't expect us to open the playbook much the first two games unless we get in trouble.  With all due respect to Maine and Omaha (and knowing our track record for blowing buy games in the Hoiberg Era), they're more like Chadron St than they are Colorado.

True...but I'm betting he opens it a lot more than he did the exhibition games.  Especially if Walker is out again. 

18 hours ago, huskercappy said:

Wait a minute,  Did I watch the same game as these people?  We lack any semblance of talent. All the cohesiveness in the world won't change the fact that we are horrible.  I think I'm more upset that I'll have to listen to these excuses all year. Okay, we're bad, but we're good people. Sheesh!

I'd ask for unanimous consent to enter into the record of this committee that everyone agrees we suck this year, so that we can automatically infer that every discussion on this board this season about how we did in any particular game will always begin with the underlying understanding that we suck this year.

Would save people the hassle of saying in every post-game chatter "but we suck this year" and, therefore, also save everyone else from having to respond, "no, I realize that, but I still think Oleg showed some promise."

7 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

I'd ask for unanimous consent to enter into the record of this committee that everyone agrees we suck this year, so that we can automatically infer that every discussion on this board this season about how we did in any particular game will always begin with the underlying understanding that we suck this year.

Would save people the hassle of saying in every post-game chatter "but we suck this year" and, therefore, also save everyone else from having to respond, "no, I realize that, but I still think Oleg showed some promise."

The most fun part of being a fan is having to quantify that yes the team sucks every time I talk about them

16 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

I will just put on record that there were some Doc teams that we thought would be absolutely horrendous and they weren't.  Let's let the season play out a bit.  We haven't lost to Western Illinois yet.  Yeesh.

This starting lineup went .500 in conference and finished 18-13 overall. They averaged 64 ppg.  I'd rather watch an undersized, under-talented group like this scrap and claw and overachieve their way to some wins, and be very competitive against many ranked teams, than watch any of Hoiberg's and most of Miles' teams underachieve, get blown out by most ranked teams and finish near the bottom of the league. Bill Self, Kelvin Sampson, etc did not look forward to the dogfights they knew they'd be in for when coming to Lincoln, even though they knew they'd likely come away with a win. My hope is that becomes this team's identity. And I think it will happen. 

Cookie Miller  5'7"    7 ppg

Steve Harley  5'11"   10 ppg

Sek Henry      6'3"     8 ppg

Ade D.            6'5"     12 ppg

Balham          6'8"      2 ppg

20 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

This starting lineup went .500 in conference and finished 18-13 overall. They averaged 64 ppg.  I'd rather watch an undersized, under-talented group like this scrap and claw and overachieve their way to some wins, and be very competitive against many ranked teams, than watch any of Hoiberg's and most of Miles' teams underachieve, get blown out by most ranked teams and finish near the bottom of the league. Bill Self, Kelvin Sampson, etc did not look forward to the dogfights they knew they'd be in for when coming to Lincoln, even though they knew they'd likely come away with a win. My hope is that becomes this team's identity. And I think it will happen. 

Cookie Miller  5'7"    7 ppg

Steve Harley  5'11"   10 ppg

Sek Henry      6'3"     8 ppg

Ade D.            6'5"     12 ppg

Balham          6'8"      2 ppg

If Balham doesn't have old man knees that team goes dancing! Fight me!

*Or was it feet? Regardless...Fight me!

Edited by cornfed24-7