Walker's injury

Norm Peterson

8 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

It's certainly our business to know when players won't play for whatever reason.  It's a big purpose of the site.

Knowing a player is out is "our business;" but making accusations about drug use when there is no foundation for that conjecture is not proper.  DW has been a model citizen since he has been here...unless of course someone proves otherwise.

It has been a few years ago, but a husker fan got into some legal issues by making false accusations about an opponent.   So Matt, are you saying it is okay to do that now?

12 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Knowing a player is out is "our business;" but making accusations about drug use when there is no foundation for that conjecture is not proper.  DW has been a model citizen since he has been here...unless of course someone proves otherwise.

It has been a few years ago, but a husker fan got into some legal issues by making false accusations about an opponent.   So Matt, are you saying it is okay to do that now?

To be clear, you're asking me by name to drive home a point if it's ok to make posts that will put you (any poster) into legal trouble. My non-legal advice would be, as stated before, to be mindful about what one is posting on here.

1 hour ago, colhusker said:

Yep he made a comment about a QB at OU and get in trouble.

You're talking about that Darth Husker guy that hacked the Oklahoma newspaper or whatever?

https://www.chron.com/sports/college-football/article/Paper-sues-Nebraska-fan-over-bogus-Oklahoma-1752546.php

Think that's a bit different than what's going on here. He didn't get in trouble for making comments on a forum...  

I mean, I'm not trying to claim that throwing out accusations or even maybe educated guesses is really a good thing to do, but worrying people are going to get some kind of legal problems brought on them for it is a bit of a reach.

I agree on not spreading rumors about college kids.  HOWEVER, if DW wants to get upset with anyone regarding rumors flying, he should take it up with the ol ball coach giving "healthcare reasons" for a reason he's out.  Do the boosters who chipped in for his $500k to come back get a pro rata share of that back for a 6 games suspension?

1 hour ago, Nebrasketballin said:

I agree on not spreading rumors about college kids.  HOWEVER, if DW wants to get upset with anyone regarding rumors flying,he should take it up with the ol ball coach giving "healthcare reasons" for a reason he's out.  Do the boosters who chipped in for his $500k to come back get a pro rata share of that back for a 6 games suspension?

I'm sorry, why should DW be upset with Hoiberg about vagueness when it's pretty clear that Hoiberg isn't allowed to disclose anything more?  At any point DW can give the ok for Nebraska/coaches to get into more detail or speak/message/tweet/instagram as he sees fit or he can never say a word until the end of time.  You're wagging the dog here.

4 hours ago, Nebrasketballin said:

I agree on not spreading rumors about college kids.  HOWEVER, if DW wants to get upset with anyone regarding rumors flying, he should take it up with the ol ball coach giving "healthcare reasons" for a reason he's out.  Do the boosters who chipped in for his $500k to come back get a pro rata share of that back for a 6 games suspension?

You're 400 grand high. 

36 minutes ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

On the pregame show tonight, Hoiberg told Kent he is confident that Derrick Walker will play this year and that he is getting better.  Still pretty vague but I guess encouraging.  That certainly doesn't sound like a marijuana issue as some have speculated.  

Does he mean this year or this season? 

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

Derrick is dealing with a Back issue. He was going to play against St John’s but it “locked up” on him again. Wouldn’t surprise me if we saw him sooner rather than later. 

Curious how you know it's a back issue and that he was going to play against St. John's?  

7 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

Derrick is dealing with a Back issue. He was going to play against St John’s but it “locked up” on him again. Wouldn’t surprise me if we saw him sooner rather than later. 

He is now.

That's not the reason he originally was missing games, though.