B1G Media Day

Huskerpapa

Wow.  The silence is deafening.  Wednesday was our date on the dias and we can hear the crickets chirping. 

So does thouest believe nothing was said, are we apathetic, or were we just waiting for someone else to bring it up.

I guess I will start.  

My one major take away was that Fred is loose.  That could mean quiet confidence, it could be that he is ready for the inevitable, or something in between. 

Other small takeaways from Sam, DW and Coach.  

I still am missing my rose-colored glasses, yet I am anxious for the start of the season.  My expectations remain low, so exponential improvement over last year's team will be helpful.

I am trying to locate the quote, I believe it was from DW, that really drew my interest.  It had to do with last years team...he basically called them out saying something akin to their belief that their talent would win games and effort wasn't necessary.  Very telling, yet very obvious to many of us on this board.

3 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

I am trying to locate the quote, I believe it was from DW, that really drew my interest.  It had to do with last years team...he basically called them out saying something akin to their belief that their talent would win games and effort wasn't necessary.  Very telling, yet very obvious to many of us on this board.

“For last year’s team, I think we kind of just walked out every game thinking we were going to win and we let our hype get to us more than anything, because we were a talented group and we had some really good players. So I just thought everyone was going to go out and rely on those talents and we were just going to win instead of having to actually work the game for the full 40. Just having all that talent on the team and so many egos and stuff like that, we just didn’t get the outcome that we wanted.”

5 minutes ago, Jacob Padilla said:

“For last year’s team, I think we kind of just walked out every game thinking we were going to win and we let our hype get to us more than anything, because we were a talented group and we had some really good players. So I just thought everyone was going to go out and rely on those talents and we were just going to win instead of having to actually work the game for the full 40. Just having all that talent on the team and so many egos and stuff like that, we just didn’t get the outcome that we wanted.”

Thanks Jacob...yup, that is te quote.  Hard to read, hard to believe.  I certainly hope that nightmare season will never reoccur.

11 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Thanks Jacob...yup, that is te quote.  Hard to read, hard to believe.  I certainly hope that nightmare season will never reoccur.

Its crazy too if that attitude persisted through more than one game… because we came out and got slapped around by Western Illinois (yeah yeah, I know we only lost by 1).  But that right there should have nixed any cockiness we had about talent.