Nebraska/Kstate T-mobile Center Question

huskerbill85

They don't have the benches listed on their basketball seating chart, which I think is strange, but I think it's sections 104-108.

Seating-Map_Jan2022-04cc1c0b7d.jpg

You might try calling the T-Mobile center box office at 816-949-7000 and someone there might be able to tell you.

https://www.t-mobilecenter.com/events/ticket-information

Also, it might not hurt to contact the Huskers Ticket Office at 800-8-BIGRED and see if anyone there knows.  They might also be able to tell you which bench the Huskers will be using too.

Quasi-related story.  One year while in college a fellow Red Zoner and I drove down to KC for the Big 12 tournament.  We bought some nosebleeds from a scalper, but 15 minutes before tip off it was clear that the section reserved for the Huskers' family and friends (basically the first 8-10 rows directly behind the Husker bench) were going to remain 90% empty.  So we moved down to seats that were close enough to be awesome but not so close as to draw suspicion...probably around the 4th or 5th row behind the bench.  Well just after we got settled, A.D. Tom Osborne and University Chancellor Harvey Perlman show up with their wives.  They take a long look at us, a long look at their tickets, grin at us, and then proceed to sit in the empty seats directly in front of us.  Clearly we were in the seats reserved for the athletic director and chancellor, but they were cordial enough to sit in someone else's unused seats instead.

1 hour ago, aphilso1 said:

Quasi-related story.  One year while in college a fellow Red Zoner and I drove down to KC for the Big 12 tournament.  We bought some nosebleeds from a scalper, but 15 minutes before tip off it was clear that the section reserved for the Huskers' family and friends (basically the first 8-10 rows directly behind the Husker bench) were going to remain 90% empty.  So we moved down to seats that were close enough to be awesome but not so close as to draw suspicion...probably around the 4th or 5th row behind the bench.  Well just after we got settled, A.D. Tom Osborne and University Chancellor Harvey Perlman show up with their wives.  They take a long look at us, a long look at their tickets, grin at us, and then proceed to sit in the empty seats directly in front of us.  Clearly we were in the seats reserved for the athletic director and chancellor, but they were cordial enough to sit in someone else's unused seats instead.

I can't believe that Perlman did that. The last time I was there, the teams sat on the east side.

Edited by Bugeaters1

1 hour ago, aphilso1 said:

They understood the assignment!  (I think I used this in correct form— I am getting older)

I went to KSU and graduated from there.  So my #1 is and always will be…

Shane Southwell.

I had a class with him and he was in my group for a presentation.  Class was only like 50-60 people.  Dude had one line that we gave him to talk about.

Day of the presentation comes and he leans over to me and says “I don’t know if I can do this man.”  I’m like “you got one line— you can do this.”

He’s like “I don’t know if I can do this in front of all these people dawg.”  I was like “you just played a game in front of thousands of people the other day.  You can say this one line in front of 50.  Let’s get that A.”

Dude gets up there, says his line and fist bumps me right in the middle of the presentation.  Needless to say— we aced the thing.

Edited by hskr4life

Great anecdote, @hskr4life.  I'm curious how you became a Nebrasketball fan though if you're a KSU grad.  Husker basketball is enough of a niche sport that it seems most of us around here were lured in by cheap student section seats and Runzas in the concourses.  At least for me, I simply didn't have the good sense to leave upon graduation. 😄

Edited by aphilso1
spelling, argh

30 minutes ago, aphilso1 said:

Great anecdote, @hskr4life.  I'm curious how you became a Nebrasketball fan though if you're a KSU grad.  Husker basketball is enough of a niche sport that it seems most of us around here were lured in by cheap student section seats and Runzas in the councourses.  At least for me, I simply didn't have the good sense to leave upon graduation. 😄

Grew up a Husker, will always be one.  I went to Cloud County for a few years after HS graduation and all of my friends from CCCC were going to KSU.  Scholarship money between KSU and NU ended up evening out the cost of tuition and the future Mrs. was going to KSU too, so I tagged along.

Got to cheer for coach Bohl when NDSU beat KSU in football and got to rush the floor when KSU upset KU in basketball one year too.  So it wasn’t all bad.  

GF (would be wife) would get mad though when I’d waste a student FB ticket to watch the Huskers if game times overlapped lol.  One thing I will say is that the Huskers, specifically TMart, lived rent free in a lot of heads down there.  I think they took his All American game down there that Thursday personally.  Every time a Huskers score would pop up and we’d be losing or have lost— there were multiple cheers.

2 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Grew up a Husker, will always be one.  I went to Cloud County for a few years after HS graduation and all of my friends from CCCC were going to KSU.  Scholarship money between KSU and NU ended up evening out the cost of tuition and the future Mrs. was going to KSU too, so I tagged along.

Got to cheer for coach Bohl when NDSU beat KSU in football and got to rush the floor when KSU upset KU in basketball one year too.  So it wasn’t all bad.  

GF (would be wife) would get mad though when I’d waste a student FB ticket to watch the Huskers if game times overlapped lol.  One thing I will say is that the Huskers, specifically TMart, lived rent free in a lot of heads down there.  I think they took his All American game down there that Thursday personally.  Every time a Huskers score would pop up and we’d be losing or have lost— there were multiple cheers.

Please tell me you partied at the Rock Quarry, if that’s still even a thing…