Individual Progress for players.

REDitus

I was thinking about what improvement I want to see from returning players.  Here are a few thoughts.   Feel free to add.

Wilcher.  - Rebounding/blocking out and defense.  Hope the leaner frame helps him accomplish this.  

Breidenbach.   Seemed to pick up a lot of fouls away from the hoop last year by being a little over enthusiastic on closeouts/switches.   With a new defensive scheme it might not be an issue but still want to see him play smart on defense.

Tominga - Better shot selection (Don't force it and don't shoot 25+ feet from the hoop.)

Walker -  Was pretty solid for the most part.   Might prove helpful to can some outside shots,  just enough to keep the defense honest. 

Wilcher - better movement off the ball.  He's going to be a focus this year for opposing defenses, and hopefully he has been watching Klay Thompson footage on repeat all offseason to see how a dude with zero dribbling ability can still get open looks.

Breidenbach - general coordination/development.  He clearly looked like a freshman last season and the injury cut off his ability to work through that initial hurdle on the floor.  I'm hoping he looks like a more polished sophomore version of himself despite the missed time.

Tominaga - Shot selection is probably the correct answer, I will agree with you on that.  I don't see Keisei as having B1G-level skills (other than shooting) or length, so the mental aspect of the game is where he will need to improve.

Walker - Learning to create his own scoring.  Last season the majority of his points came via a Verge assist.  I don't see a PG on this roster that can consistently set DW up for layups like Verge did last year. 

Ever notice how no one ever suggests a player work on his length?

Personally, I'd like to see Walker be about 6'11". And mid-40s on his 3-pointer.

But that's all about the off-season. If he didn't grow 3 inches while he was worrying about making NIL deals in June and July, it's probably too late now.

Same with Keisei. If he doesn't come back 6'4", it's like he's not even trying.

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

Ever notice how no one ever suggests a player work on his length?

Personally, I'd like to see Walker be about 6'11". And mid-40s on his 3-pointer.

But that's all about the off-season. If he didn't grow 3 inches while he was worrying about making NIL deals in June and July, it's probably too late now.

Same with Keisei. If he doesn't come back 6'4", it's like he's not even trying.

It's never too late.

246 Torture Rack Images, Stock Photos & Vectors | Shutterstock

44 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

Walker's improvement will come because he's not going to be the only real front court player on the roster. Even if his efficiency stays similar or even dips a bit, having Kieta and Wilhelm to help him out will be very significant for him, I think.

...and Oleg.

To get to .500 or so, we need at least 1 player to be all-BIG level, not necessarily 1st team, but at least second or third.

The only 2 I can see capable of that level are Wilcher and Bando, with the idea that somebody has to do the scoring and those 2 are the best bets. Walker can have a solid year, but this league has some outstanding posts.