Sam out for year

Huskerpapa

Big loss.  She was typically the primary go-to player in crunch time.  As Cazzie22 said, her ability to attack the rim and score or get to the free throw line will be hard to replace.  Maybe Weidner can take up some of the slack - she showed some decent ability to get in the paint and score.

Best wishes to Sam in her recovery.  She's always been one of my favorite Huskers.

18 hours ago, whoopdeedoo said:

just want to pass this along, in case some of you haven't heard. coach williams will be taking the podium on tuesday (unless i heard wrong). no idea what time it will take place. if interested and can't watch live, may want to look for the video. i'd be surprised if she doesn't talk about Sam. 

I thought i heard 10:45 this morning

got lucky and happen to catch it.

sam's injury was a basketball injury. knee and will require surgery. stated it (the injury) was devastating for sam at first, but, with her strong faith, she is moving forward and is a vocal leader for the team.  coach williams stated no one player will be able to take sam's place. giving sam all the support she needs to decide her future. jazz will be taking on more and has total faith in her court presence. talked about maddie krull........called her "unorthodoxed" but gets job done. discussed a bit on trinity brady (i believe she said her 4th year in the program but has played only a season and a few games?) also mentioned hilliard, however, really didn't say too much about them. in full support of maggie mendelson and her quest for excellence in vb. excited to have her join the team whenever that may happen. stay in touch with her all the time---works out great because callin hake is a roommate along with a couple other vb players. said Markowski has been working on her footwork and finishing better. talked about how they have raised the bar for the program moving forward. 

just a few notes from the press conference. 

also asked for prayers for Jeff Griesch (sp?). he had a surgical procedure done, i believe yesterday. 

maybe someone will be able to post the video of coach williams presser.

Edited by whoopdeedoo