Future UNL plans

Bugeaters1

10 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

By God, if we can’t spend our way out  of this nightmare then I don’t know what. I just hope I’m alive long enough to see it swing back the other way. 

The only thing worse than sucking is spending a whole shitload of money and still sucking.

And then in 2028 someone will start a new "I Think We've Hit Rock Bottom" thread.

47 minutes ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

The only thing worse than sucking is spending a whole shitload of money and still sucking.

And then in 2028 someone will start a new "I Think We've Hit Rock Bottom" thread.

If Hoiberg's seat starts getting hot this year it's going to turn into yahoo central here well before 2028

1 minute ago, Nighthawk said:

I see zero mention of removing all the bleacher seats and replacing with chairback seats and I see zero mention of putting rails in the stands.  The rails are going to be a must have if they eveer get beer in Memorial stadium or you will have drunks falling all over the place. 

35 years ago there was a guy who sat below the student section (which was then in East Stadium) and at the end of every game, he'd leave a 12 pack box full of empty beer cans, even on days when he didn't wear a coat.  Here we were, trying to smuggle in a small whiskey bottle in our sock, wondering how this guy was getting a 12 pack in.

By the way, it's not real comfortable to walk around wearing boots with a bottle stuffed inside.

35 minutes ago, Nighthawk said:

I see zero mention of removing all the bleacher seats and replacing with chairback seats and I see zero mention of putting rails in the stands.  The rails are going to be a must have if they eveer get beer in Memorial stadium or you will have drunks falling all over the place. 

And for those of us who's seat is at the end of a row...we will be bruised and battered by falling patrons.  Oh well, I currently get blasted by reckless vendors, so what the hey.

8 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

And for those of us who's seat is at the end of a row...we will be bruised and battered by falling patrons.  Oh well, I currently get blasted by reckless vendors, so what the hey.

lol..I sat at the end of the row and constantly got pushed out due to large people in seats 4 and 5 on the bleachers that took up 2 (where my dad sat) through seat 8  Get chair back seats in the stadium. 

1 hour ago, Nighthawk said:

lol..I sat at the end of the row and constantly got pushed out due to large people in seats 4 and 5 on the bleachers that took up 2 (where my dad sat) through seat 8  Get chair back seats in the stadium. 

Yeah, I am addicted to the chairs.  Absolutely necessary. 

2 hours ago, Nighthawk said:

I see zero mention of removing all the bleacher seats and replacing with chairback seats and I see zero mention of putting rails in the stands.  The rails are going to be a must have if they eveer get beer in Memorial stadium or you will have drunks falling all over the place

As opposed to the stadium full of absolute stone cold sober folks we have now?

4 hours ago, throwback said:

I think they're also looking at creating a "gathering place" in the south stadium - kind of like a patio where people can drink and still see the field. So we know where jay-skers will be hanging out with their backs to the game.

It's a very strategic way to open up the stadium and reduce the number of seats in order to maintain a sellout streak.

2 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:
2 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

It's a very strategic way to open up the stadium and reduce the number of seats in order to maintain a sellout streak.

So do you put it mid level or closer to the field? And does it run the length of the stands or just and couple or three spots?

All legitimate questions. And based on the way Alberts worded some things around grandfathered ticket prices/seat proximities, it sure seems anything is on the table at this point.

• 2 weeks later...