2022 Opening Night

Nighthawk

9 minutes ago, jimmykc said:

Did anyone actually attend the event who can post a general opinion about the ambience? ... and I'm talking Wakaflocka here. 

I can almost guarantee that there were a lot of people that honestly didn't care about the basketball part of the evening.  Lots of people there, but when my dad and I left part of the way through the men's practice there were a lot of young women just arriving to the arena.  Lol they didn't look like they were there to watch hoops action 

• hhcmatt changed the title to 2022 Opening Night

I recorded the practice on my phone but looks like they did livestream so I don't have to upload it.

One noticeable thing from this video is that you don't have any of the background music that was playing at the arena as Nebraska can't generate any revenue from youtube if it's in the video.  Savvy.

For what it's worth...the team as a whole appears bigger and stronger.  There is some athleticism as well.  

Lots of bricks tossed during the 3 point drill.  How bout we blame that on tired 🦵 legs...

I shared my thoughts on Oleg a few months back.  Does anyone wish to share their opinion?

Again, nothing really has changed for me regarding my "They have to prove it" as we move forward.  There were some reasons for a bit of optimism...but the rose colored glass are still waaaay out of my reach.

44 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

For what it's worth...the team as a whole appears bigger and stronger.  There is some athleticism as well.  

Lots of bricks tossed during the 3 point drill.  How bout we blame that on tired 🦵 legs...

I shared my thoughts on Oleg a few months back.  Does anyone wish to share their opinion?

Again, nothing really has changed for me regarding my "They have to prove it" as we move forward.  There were some reasons for a bit of optimism...but the rose colored glass are still waaaay out of my reach.

Totally agree.  I will cheer for them...but I'm not going to get excited until at least after the Creighton game. 

Another question I have is...Will the Oklahoma game still go on?  How bad was Orlando hit?  Basketball is of course not as important as human life and distruction.  sending prayers (and some financial help) to the people impacted by the hurricane. 

Drills run

drills to pass the ball in transition
drill to get the ball up the court as fast as possible
drill to move the ball around on offense for 3s or layups
close out drill
pick and roll drill
5 on 0 offense run through

My impression was that if you thought we might slow the tempo and focus more on defense that you're likely wrong.

On 10/1/2022 at 9:43 AM, Handy Johnson said:

Was anyone who attended particularly impressed with any specific player or players…? 

It was hard to gain a lot out of a practice but Bandoumel had a really quick first step and is gonna get a crazy dunk off this year, and Wilcher looks a lot better and agile after losing 15 pounds, also was fun to see Wilcher clapping/encouraging everyone the whole time