whoopdeedoo

yes....long ways away (or, maybe not so when it comes to recruiting?)

someone to keep an eye on. already rated one of the top recruits in the midwest. from Dakota Valley High School in North Sioux City, SD.

South Dakota State has already offered her.

from fivestatehoops:

Melina Snoozy, South Dakota Attack 2025

5'9" 2027 Guard, Dakota Valley HS (SD)

-I didn't expect to see any 2027s play this weekend as none of those teams were on my schedule, but Snoozy plays up two age classes and shows why. She has all the tools to grow into an elite caliber player. She has size, is strong when she attacks and showed three point range. Great prospect. 

Edited by whoopdeedoo

On 9/20/2022 at 8:15 AM, whoopdeedoo said:

yes....long ways away (or, maybe not so when it comes to recruiting?)

someone to keep an eye on. already rated one of the top recruits in the midwest. from Dakota Valley High School in North Sioux City, SD.

South Dakota State has already offered her.

from fivestatehoops:

Melina Snoozy, South Dakota Attack 2025

5'9" 2027 Guard, Dakota Valley HS (SD)

-I didn't expect to see any 2027s play this weekend as none of those teams were on my schedule, but Snoozy plays up two age classes and shows why. She has all the tools to grow into an elite caliber player. She has size, is strong when she attacks and showed three point range. Great prospect. 

That's just wild.  😮

16 hours ago, mwm89 said:

That's just wild.  😮

yep. a few people i talked to were pretty surprised to see coach Johnson offer an 8th grader. when i talked to my cousin, he thought minny had an offer out to an eighth grader and a freshman. not 100% on that, though. however, it's the way recruiting is headed...try to be a step ahead of the others. 

Help me...no expert on the recruiting rules.....haven't done much research.....but didn't think a Div 1  school could offer before the beginning of the players Jr year. A player can contact a school before then. Has it changed ? Players can go to camps early.  There are "invited" camps...at what age? 

Pretty sure Vollyball used to do the real early offers, but can't now ?

4 hours ago, redsteve said:

Help me...no expert on the recruiting rules.....haven't done much research.....but didn't think a Div 1  school could offer before the beginning of the players Jr year. A player can contact a school before then. Has it changed ? Players can go to camps early.  There are "invited" camps...at what age? 

Pretty sure Vollyball used to do the real early offers, but can't now ?

They changed the rules in volleyball recruiting, it obviously hasn't changed yet in basketball.  

• 1 month later...