Nebraska is defrosted

Norm Peterson

16 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

For what it's worth, Lars Anderson opined that Mickey was going to be named HC in two weeks.  My only follow up question; if true, why is Trev waiting two weeks?

Usually Lars tweets out who the coach is going to be. The reason why you wouldn't announce Mickey mouse instead of two weeks from now is that a decision has yet to be made.

2 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Usually Lars tweets out who the coach is going to be. The reason why you wouldn't announce Mickey mouse instead of two weeks from now is that a decision has yet to be made.

Going back to the Deion rumor (not saying its him). It could very well be someone has been offered and verbally accepted, but since nothing is signed you wait. And if that someone does fall through at the last second you got your plan B in house already and get to frame it as he's been the guy all along.

11 hours ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

I asked a college friend (a long time Charlotte resident, former Daily Nebraskan sports editor, long time employee of the Charlotte Observer who used to cover the Panthers on occasion) about Rhule.  His opinion: let Arizona State have him. 

Rhule's resume is about as good as Nebraska could get. He didn't work in the NFL with a bad roster and no QB, but I don't think that disqualifies him for the Nebraska job. Especially when NFL flame outs have had a lot of CFB success in the past. 

44 minutes ago, cornfed24-7 said:

Going back to the Deion rumor (not saying its him). It could very well be someone has been offered and verbally accepted, but since nothing is signed you wait. And if that someone does fall through at the last second you got your plan B in house already and get to frame it as he's been the guy all along.

Or Trev is creating rumors just to see how the fanbase truly feels about that candidate.

"You're going to hear a lot of names... It doesn't mean I've contacted them or have given them an offer." (not verbatim)

:lol:

28 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Or Trev is creating rumors just to see how the fanbase truly feels about that candidate.

"You're going to hear a lot of names... It doesn't mean I've contacted them or have given them an offer." (not verbatim)

:lol:

Could be. But in my opinion thats a poor approach. I don't think the fanbases opinion should matter really at all. And if he's this late into the season and doesn’t have a plan A, B, and C lined up, regardless who it/they is/are I think thats a pretty bad sign. Now I don't believe that to be the case. My guess is he does have a plan A, B, and C lined up and we'll find out soon enough. And of course when we find out who it is regardless what option they are/were and we're gonna be told this was the person Trev had in mind from the very begining.

I understand all the interest and speculation on our future football 🏈 Head Coach but I just wait until the season is completed for the announcement to be made.  I am sure there is still work to be done.  There are jobs that may be more attractive than NU so how can we tell  if we have someone locked up?  Whoever is selected, this program needs the fan base to get behind that choice.  Those of you old enough to remember Greg McBride should remember his “get off your fanny and help Bob Devaney!”

2 minutes ago, Cazzie22 said:

I understand all the interest and speculation on our future football 🏈 Head Coach but I just wait until the season is completed for the announcement to be made.  I am sure there is still work to be done.  There are jobs that may be more attractive than NU so how can we tell  if we have someone locked up?  Whoever is selected, this program needs the fan base to get behind that choice.  Those of you old enough to remember Greg McBride should remember his “get off your fanny and help Bob Devaney!”

Sooo...let's not be picky, choose Mickey???

Are these the people who have been saying "Urban Meyer is getting the job... It's Mickey's job they're just making an announcement two weeks from now... Dieon Sanders is hiring his assistants for Nebraska... Rhule is in town he's taking the job..."?

I'm not buying it until I see an awkward photo taken of said prospective coach alongside Osborne inside of a car.

• 3 weeks later...