ESPN Invitational

roscoe

1 hour ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

The Gundy brothers went 1-7 vs. Nebraska, with the sole exception being the game with the cheap shot on Mickey Joseph that cut his calf muscle in two.

Bonus question - who sang the national anthem before that game?

Was it Anthony “Slick” Steels or am I thinking of another game…? 

On 9/9/2022 at 9:38 PM, roscoe said:

Considering going to Orlando for Thanksgiving. It appears tickets have to be purchased ahead of time as there will be no "on site" ticket sales and you have to buy for all 6 sessions($135 or $165). Anyone have or know of other ticket options.  TIA

I highly doubt this event will approach being sold out.  That gives you three options

1. Buy tickets for all the sessions and try to sell the ones you aren't going to attend

2. Try to buy tickets from someone selling single session tickets

3. Eat the games that you might not make

I think you'll be successful with #2 but it just depends on how comfortable you are buying tickets off of Stubhub, etc

8 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

I had NO idea she ever appeared at Memorial Stadium, but I was working that day. Steels would’ve been in 1980 then…

The debacle in 1990 was in Norman. It was also Husker Bob’s last road game, we saw him the next morning and rolled down the window to talk to him. He said only “going to McDonalds!”.  Ten months later he died inside Memorial Stadium, which I assume was the place he always wanted to go.