2024 6'7" 5* SF Carter Bryant

Huskerpapa

• Huskerpapa changed the title to 2024 6'7" 5* SF Carter Bryant

It's good we are offering 5 star guys, but when a kid like this has 20 offers already, I don't see a Nebraska offer as a big time game changer for him.  I don't know if there are other connections here but I would think for a school like NU to have a chance with a kid like this, we would have to be like his 1st offer.  Who knows though, maybe he will be a Husker.

15 hours ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

It's good we are offering 5 star guys, but when a kid like this has 20 offers already, I don't see a Nebraska offer as a big time game changer for him.  I don't know if there are other connections here but I would think for a school like NU to have a chance with a kid like this, we would have to be like his 1st offer.  Who knows though, maybe he will be a Husker.

I agree, especially if we were still recruiting without being able to offer a NIL package. Maybe NIL gets us some higher profile players going forward, but I would hope getting in early on a kid and establishing a relationship will still be valued in the future and not just how much $$ they will get.

On 9/3/2022 at 7:02 AM, hugh42 said:

I agree, especially if we were still recruiting without being able to offer a NIL package. Maybe NIL gets us some higher profile players going forward, but I would hope getting in early on a kid and establishing a relationship will still be valued in the future and not just how much $$ they will get.

I agree and that would be nice that relationship's would matter and playing for a school you grew up liking but sadly, those days are gone.  It's all about where kids can make the most NIL money is what seems to matter the most