Uh oh...

cornfed24-7

On 9/11/2022 at 9:12 PM, Cazzie22 said:

Today, Iowa State is a better job.

34 minutes ago, Cazzie22 said:

I didn’t say it was a better job, I said currently it is a better program or that was my intention.  

I gotcha, but for the record, you did say that...

Also, I wasn't quoting you, I was quoting someone else who took your side after you posted the ISU job was the better job...

But I'd agree that their program is healthier right now. Get the right hire, and that would flip pretty quickly, I think.

Edited by uneblinstu

You're starting to hear stuff come out publicly about how mediocre of a job Frost was doing that makes the decision to fire him less of a question about why we didn't wait until Oct 1st and more of a question about how lucky was Frost to still have a job this year.

57 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

You're starting to hear stuff come out publicly about how mediocre of a job Frost was doing that makes the decision to fire him less of a question about why we didn't wait until Oct 1st and more of a question about how lucky was Frost to still have a job this year.

The big question is why did this stuff not come out earlier?

1 hour ago, hhcmatt said:

He should’ve been let go last November. 

13 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

The big question is why did this stuff not come out earlier?

I suspect if you run with the right crowds or visit the right message boards this is extremely old news. Otherwise, the dirty laundry tends to not get aired, especially when you're talking about someone who's been held in such high regard here as Frost.

51 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

He should’ve been let go last November. 

My understanding is that "they" wanted to. But other people in power put an end to that conversation. Or advised against it.

Edit: Also worth adding that my distain for not waiting 10 days to save $8M pales in comparison to the renegotiation of terms to drop the buyout. Still think it wasn't worth cutting before the deadline but we have saved a good chunk of change already.

Edited by HuskerFever

2 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

My understanding is that "they" wanted to. But other people in power put an end to that conversation. Or advised against it.

By Trev’s comments (historical empirical  evidence says this will not work but we’re going to do it anyways, or something like that) spoke volumes to me.  He would have pulled the plug if it was solely his decision.  By merit of Scott’s performance he should have been canned.

1 hour ago, hhcmatt said:

I suspect if you run with the right crowds or visit the right message boards this is extremely old news. Otherwise, the dirty laundry tends to not get aired, especially when you're talking about someone who's been held in such high regard here as Frost.

It seems like these "rumors" are always brought up for nearly every fired coach or in Bill Moos' case, AD.  I wonder really just how much merit they have.  I've always looked at them as kind of stories told by a bitter ex after the breakup...

What seems sort of odd to me is that the media members seem to be focused on who the new coach will be; but nobody seemingly has reached out to Scott for an interview.  Not a peep.  

Also, one of the individuals that worked the hardest and perhaps reaped some benefits from the original hire, (Matt D) has been very quiet.  I know Matt and Scott are friends, so I find it a bit strange that he hasn't been heard from yet.  

Edited by Huskerpapa

19 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

What seems sort of odd to me is that the media members seem to be focused on who the new coach will be; but nobody seemingly has reached out to Scott for an interview.  Not a peep.  

Also, one of the individuals that worked the hardest and perhaps reaped some benefits from the original hire, (Matt D) has been very quiet.  I know Matt and Scott are friends, so I find it a bit strange that he hasn't been heard from yet.  

Based on what I know about the journalism professor and the reporters in the market, I'd be surprised if they didn't reach out for a comment, but I would also be surprised if Coach Frost or Matt Davison gave a comment. But if they did, what exactly would you expect them to say...?

1 hour ago, uneblinstu said:

Based on what I know about the journalism professor and the reporters in the market, I'd be surprised if they didn't reach out for a comment, but I would also be surprised if Coach Frost or Matt Davison gave a comment. But if they did, what exactly would you expect them to say...?

Whatever is on their minds.

53 minutes ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

He should have had to find his own way back from Boulder. It was clear then by looking at the coaching performance and looking at the future schedules that four straight losing seasons were going to happen.

With all the losses on the D-line & the Back End, the optimism heading into this Fall puzzled me. That being said, look for me on TV Saturday my Husker Zubas are making their debut.

1 hour ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

He should have had to find his own way back from Boulder. It was clear then by looking at the coaching performance and looking at the future schedules that four straight losing seasons were going to happen.

Yep, I absolutely agree with this.  That was the moment I checked out on Frost for good.  It was obvious that he was severely overmatched as a coach at this level on that day.

I also remember thinking how hilarious it was when the CU students rushed the field after beating us in OT, like, these people wouldn't know a good (or in our case horrible) performance by a football team and coaching staff if their lives depended on it!  They had no business celebrating like that, they should be ashamed it took them overtime to beat us.  They were only celebrating because it was *Nebraska*. 

22 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

Typically in these situations, you don't hear anything from the disposed coach. All I'd expect them to say was "no, thanks" or "no comment".

But as a reporter, you still ask, and then you report that the individual refused to comment or that he/she turned down the interview request.  To ignore the elephant in the room is very uncommon for journalists. 

16 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

But as a reporter, you still ask, and then you report that the individual refused to comment or that he/she turned down the interview request.  To ignore the elephant in the room is very uncommon for journalists. 

Yeah, sometimes. I'm just saying, everything that's happened so far in the coverage of this, and I'll grant you, I haven't read ever word written on this, but it's been pretty in line with what I've seen in situations like this. 

Davison's in a weird spot because he's still employed by the university (as far as I know) and on the radio broadcast. I expect you'll hear his thoughts there. And Scott, from everything I've observed from him, probably went radio silent.