Uh oh...

cornfed24-7

4 minutes ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

I'm sure that a lot of coaches will be beating down Nebraska's door next March, since it's a football school that absolutely sucks at football and the basketball job puts you on a career trajectory to end up at Southern Miss, San Jose State, or permanent retirement.

image.png

We’re flush with cash now though, & still the only game in town. I still think the chance of Fred weathering the storm are still FAR greater than Scott’s. A casual glance at the schedule looks like we’ll be favored in maybe 3-4 games, then Trev will officially have to clean house. And please spare me the Urban Meyer talk…

1 hour ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

I'm sure that a lot of coaches will be beating down Nebraska's door next March, since it's a football school that absolutely sucks at football and the basketball job puts you on a career trajectory to end up at Southern Miss, San Jose State, or permanent retirement.

image.png

I'm not sure what you're looking at, but what I'm seeing are year-over-year improvements :lol:

4 percentage points better than his first season and then nearly 5 percentage points better than his second year.

3 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

We’re flush with cash now though, & still the only game in town. I still think the chance of Fred weathering the storm are still FAR greater than Scott’s. A casual glance at the schedule looks like we’ll be favored in maybe 3-4 games, then Trev will officially have to clean house. And please spare me the Urban Meyer talk…

Calling it! If they do move on from Frost the new coach will be Bob Stoops. Gonna take another Bob to take us to the promised land 😜

3 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

I'm not sure what you're looking at, but what I'm seeing are year-over-year improvements :lol:

4 percentage points better than his first season and then nearly 5 percentage points better than his second year.

Keep up that level of improvement and you're on pace to go undefeated in year 10.

19 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

Excellent news.  I'll plan to enjoy a 0.37 winning percentage this season then!

14 hours ago, Nighthawk said:

On the plus side. No onside kick in college basketball. 

Jan. 18, 2023

NORTHWESTERN HOOPS RALLIES PAST NEBRASKA

.... In one of the oddest decisions of the basketball season, with Nebraska up 11 midway through the second half, Coach Fred Hoiberg ordered his team to only shoot half-court hook shots for the remainder of the game. Northwestern outscored Nebraska 14-0 from there to win.

"I thought it was a smart call," Northwestern Coach Chris Collins said. "We weren't ready for it. I mean our guys were doubled over laughing after a couple of their airballs, and that really affected our offense the rest of the way. Fred is a great coach, always thinking outside the box, and I hope he never leaves Nebraska."

"I really thought we could deliver the knock-out blow with a couple of Globetrotters-like shots and take the fight out of Northwestern," Hoiberg said. "We'd had our best week of practice on those shots, so we decided before the game to go for it. If I had to do it over again, though, I probably would rethink that decision."