Eli Rice is N

hhcmatt

3 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

Rice is starting and taking a lot of shots for IMG. That's a big deal. Starting to feel warm and fuzzy about this commit.

FYI, this is their post-grad team (or one of their post grad teams). I believe just two other players on that roster have D1 offers and they are both bigs. 

Pretty sure IMG's varsity roster is the one filled with 4 and 5 stars who all have Power 5 offers. 

I still see Kale Abrahamson when I watch Eli's highlights. 

6 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

FYI, this is their post-grad team (or one of their post grad teams). I believe just two other players on that roster have D1 offers and they are both bigs. 

Pretty sure IMG's varsity roster is the one filled with 4 and 5 stars who all have Power 5 offers. 

I still see Kale Abrahamson when I watch Eli's highlights. 

I'm reminded that cold and flu season is coming up and that I need to stock up on NyQuil 

5 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

Not enamored with his 3 point shooting percentage, otherwise, looking very good.  Lol...not a Matt recruit. 

Bad day beyond the arc, but look at the FT%. That's a sign of what his touch really could be. The pros look at that if they are wondering whether a guy could develop into a shooter or not.

6 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Bad day beyond the arc, but look at the FT%. That's a sign of what his touch really could be. The pros look at that if they are wondering whether a guy could develop into a shooter or not.

Man…he might actually be able to be a 70% free throw shooter here!

In all seriousness…who was our last money free throw shooter?  (Tominaga is pretty darn good for his career but it is a small sample size.)

Edited by busticket

9 hours ago, busticket said:

Okay.  I nerded out to answer my own question.  Bo Spencer hit 87.6% on 105 attempts his one year here.  We haven’t had a guy since who was nails at the charity stripe since and that was 10 years ago.  Maybe Eli can be that guy for us.  

Bryce hit for 83.1% on a lot of FTs last year, his best day being 10-10.

Cary Cochran hit 92.2% of his FTs his senior year though he was playing on the 213th best FT shooting team as John Turek was chucking them up at a 38% rate that year.

12 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Cary Cochran hit 92.2% of his FTs his senior year though he was playing on the 213th best FT shooting team as John Turek was chucking them up at a 38% rate that year.

Shavon Shields shot 82.7% his junior year. Felt like he got to the line a ton too

9 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

Bryce was solid at the stripe.  Amazing how few guys we have had that could shoot at an 80% clip.

I loved Turek.  He was an animal, but man he was a lousy free throw shooter.