Eli Rice is N

hhcmatt

Nebraska landed their second member of the class of 2023 with the commitment of 6'7" guard Eli Rice from Gallatin, TN.  Originally in the class of 2022, Rice landed a spot at prep powerhouse IMG Academy and reclassified to 2023. Rice picked Nebraska out of a final three that included VCU and Georgetown. At the moment, Nebraska currently has one scholarship remaining for 2023.

View full article

4 hours ago, Fullbacksympathy said:

Looks like a good all around player with sneaky athleticism.  Probably big enough to play the 4 and stretch the court.  

Just a guess on my part, but I am betting more of a 2/3.  Why?  He just had a significant growth spurt.  His training up to this point has likely focused on back court skills.  I see him at a possible advantage matching up against smaller guards IF quickness allows it.

3 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

My search function isn't working too well on here, but if you can look up what I've said in the past about Kale Abrahamson on this site, this is not a comparison that would make me feel particularly optimistic about this pickup.

I was thinking more like Larry Bird.

Feel better?

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

Not enamored with his 3 point shooting percentage, otherwise, looking very good.  Lol...not a Matt recruit. 

https://twitter.com/IMGABasketball/status/1594373927186333700?t=ncaHa-gFZeCKkH5PSwLGSA&s=19

Yeah -- not a good game for shooting percentage from the floor.

But he played 36 minutes on an excellent team -- the next two highest-minutes players were at 28 minutes each.

And he got to the free throw line, hitting 9 of 9.