New Coach Coming Soon?

uneblinstu

2 hours ago, Chuck Taylor said:

That's how I feel about it, we're hiring in August with a coach who might not last another year. Kind of like recruiting, why get excited about a kid who likely will decommit if Fred gets fired?

I'm basically not even looking at the recruiting board these days. Oh, periodically, I'll go over there just to see what's up. But I refuse to get invested in the idea of landing any kid at this point when there's so much that could happen -- and likely WILL happen -- to change the trajectory of the recruiting process.

Chances seem to be pretty high that, whatever 2023 or later kids we're in on now, it'll be a completely different set of players lacing up their shoes when the time comes. So, why bother paying any attention to it?

Also, "if"?

4 hours ago, basketballjones said:

How much of that is Gates and how much of that is the role they put MA into as far as team building? 

Oh I certainly think MA had a lot to do with that.  However then Loesner gets here and his name pops up everywhere so I don't know if Gates was out just as much on the down low or what.

With the talent Fred brings from coach's to players you would never be able to tell this program has been dreadful the past few years. I really hope this works out there aren't too many who could pull this off here like Fred has done. Just got to convert it into wins which forever reason has seemed so illusive. 

On 8/18/2022 at 8:42 PM, huskerbill85 said:

With the talent Fred brings from coach's to players you would never be able to tell this program has been dreadful the past few years. I really hope this works out there aren't too many who could pull this off here like Fred has done. Just got to convert it into wins which forever reason has seemed so illusive. 

This is certainly one way to look at what might be the historical low point of this program