Media Predictions Thread

hskr4life

4 hours ago, 49r said:

Yeah that was a really crazy deal.  They didn't manage to crack the KenPom top 100 until after the last regular season game of the year.  They finished 6th in the Pac 12 and got the 5 seed in the Pac 12 tournament because Arizona self imposed a post season ban that year, then they went on a crazy run in the conference tournament and the NCAA tournament as a 12 seed.

The 2021 Huskers finished that regular season with an almost identical KenPom ranking.  (Huskers #94, OSU #93)

Be nice if Huskers could get hot and go on a run.  But, I must be dreaming.

This is my only view of a prayer.  Last year, I (and many others) thought we were going to see the start of a new and positive Era at Nebraska.  Instead, it was a giant backward step into the abyss.  It was one of the most disappointing seasons in the HISTORY of Nebraska basketball.  And that is likely an understatement. 

Sooo, my lone beacon of dim light is that this coming season could 😳 turn out as a huge surprise in the opposit direction.  It happened once before...just saying  (but my breath is not being held)...49r I know...I know!

Ralph Miller graduated from KU where he played for Phog Allen. I saw him coach at Wichita when the Shockers with Dave Stallworth played Drake for the old Mo.Valley conference title at a neutral site in Lawrence in 1964. That team beat Creighton handily in the NCAA and eventually lost to K.State. He went on to a Hall of Fame coaching career at Iowa and Oregon State. 

I feel fairly confident that among all the conference cellar dwellers nationwide, we are the very best.  We should host an end of year tournament to prove that.  Invite the last place team from every conference, and show them all how superior this last place Husker team is compared to them.  

15 minutes ago, aphilso1 said:

I feel fairly confident that among all the conference cellar dwellers nationwide, we are the very best.  We should host an end of year tournament to prove that.  Invite the last place team from every conference, and show them all how superior this last place Husker team is compared to them.  

lol...that would actually be kind of interesting to see maybe start the basketball seaon off early with the anti-NCAA tournament with the worst 64 from the prior season. 

59 minutes ago, Nighthawk said:

lol...that would actually be kind of interesting to see maybe start the basketball seaon off early with the anti-NCAA tournament with the worst 64 from the prior season. 

There could be a "selection Thursday" show for those teams since no one will be playing on Thursday's of conference tournament week either.

Just now, hskr4life said:

There could be a "selection Thursday" show for those teams since no one will be playing on Thursday's of conference tournament week either.

Better yet-- if you're in your conference tournament, and you play on Day 1... you're automatically a top 2-4 seed in this tournament and you don't make the conference tournament.

3 hours ago, aphilso1 said:

We can call it a Bowl Game! 

After spending the past week in Mpls. the Kool aide spigot is opened up wide there too. The infusion of Transfers/Frosh have them feeling their oats (sound familiar?) but let’s not forget we beat them & they finished BEHIND us in the Conference, which I still Lord over my bigmouth Twin Cities buddies…

On 8/28/2022 at 7:51 PM, Chuck Taylor said:

https://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/20900

Rutgers at 73 in Top 144, 10th in the BIG.

Penn State 83 and 11

NW: 101 and 12

Minny: 118 and 13

NU: 135 and 14

135 in the nation might be a bit optimistic, but I'm pretty sure we can hold down 14th place in conference.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, OmahaHusker said:
6 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

I’m fearful our outside shooting might be especially tragic, & until I see him in person I’m leaning Blaise might be more Jordy than Jorge’…

That’s kinda where I’m at as well unfortunately

Wasn't the entire design of this offense meant to be based around perimeter and high percentage shooting? That's the most frustrating part for me. We have never found the right combination of players to fit the system.