Questions for season ticket holders

If you're a season ticket holder, what did you do with your seats?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What did you do with your seats?

• Renewed all.
    • Renewed some but not all.
    • Let them all go.
  2. 2. If you let any seats go, how much did the current state of the economy affect your decision?

• The economy affected my decision a lot.
    • The economy was part of the reason but not the biggest reason.
    • The economy had little or nothing to do with it.
    • Not applicable as I renewed all.
  3. 3. If you let any seats go, how much did our record the past 3 seasons affect your decision?

• Our recent struggles were probably the biggest reason I let seats go.
    • Our recent struggles were a factor but not the biggest factor.
    • Our recent struggles didn't really weigh in my decision to drop seats.
    • Not applicable as I renewed all.

• Norm Peterson changed the title to Questions for season ticket holders

I have 4 seats; my kids are not as interested in going anymore (I think not being good is part of that but also they are busy with lots of things now; middle and high school aged).  So I thought about giving up two of them but then I had several friends of mine say they would be interested in buying some off me so I thought I'd give all 4 seats another year.  

I am a diehard long term husker fan.  I am at the front of the line that is pissed off; but shoot...following this team for as long as I have, I've been pissed off quite often.  

So, I sure am not going to do something irrational like give up my tickets.  Hell, I am a Cubbies fanatic as well.  That blind sow even got near an ear of corn recently and it was unbelievable how good that felt...but...but...this (and other husker programs) better get their collective poop in a group soon, lest I may not be alive to see it.

[6 seats...all kept]

Edited by Huskerpapa

Kept both men's and women's bball tickets, with trying to get better parking for men's as it's a lot tougher for dad to walk as far as we are.  

We did dump our football tickets though.  Dad couldn't justify the 1500 a seat donation plus ticket cost with what the record has been, and also the condition of the stadium.   No rails, seat spacing that is no longer realistic due to size of people. Whole stadium bleachers should be replaced with chairback. 

Edited by Nighthawk

Unfortunately, I’ve had to let mine go for a variety of reasons.  The biggest of those being the drive.  What seemed manageable last year (2ish hours one way) just turned out to be not doable.  Combine that with the apathy that set in as the season(s) went along and having a new little one at home— I just couldn’t do it this year.

I’d rather spend the price of season tickets in the 300’s to get good tickets in the 100s for 1-2 of our bigger games.  That will be more doable for me.

8 tickets (sold 2 to a friend) and renewed none of the 8.  I couldn’t justify the money spent on donation, tickets, gas and snacks when my house needs all new windows, exterior doors and indoor renovations.  I still plan on hitting up a couple of games by buying cheap tickets through Stub Hub.  I’ll revisit the idea of having season tickets in a few years.

We renewed our 4 tickets in the lower bowl. If they weren't where they are I may not have ... just worried I'd regret getting rid of them. I often give them to my nephews and nieces and friends who still live in Lincoln (we are in Papillion now). Our kids are getting old enough to want to go, but busy enough that we're less likely to. I've had season tickets since I was 16 on some level (31 years now) so I'm just a sadist Nebrasketball fan I guess. :)

I would imagine I'll attend half the games or so. Mid week 8pm games are kind of tough as I get back here around 11pm. With us still sucking we get stuck in that time slot a lot.

I put in a request to "upgrade" so I'll see what's out there when seat yourself comes open, but I'll likely stay put as we're on an aisle.

16 hours ago, Husker4theSpurs said:

I put in a request to "upgrade" so I'll see what's out there when seat yourself comes open, but I'll likely stay put as we're on an aisle.

We are on the aisle as well. To the right of the press box and only a few rows from the top.  With the roping off of the floor to people sitting in the stands don't see us trying to move any time soon. 

FYI to everyone: I know the percentages are all thrown off for questions 2 and 3 by the "not applicable" option, but I discovered after I created the poll that you couldn't simply answer question 1 without also answering the next 2 questions. So, there had to be an option for those who voted "I kept all my seats" in order to answer the questions about why they gave them up.

So, if you're wondering why I included those options, that's why.

Long time husker basketball fan and I have 2 tickets in lower bowl and really like the seats so its hard to give them up, but I must say I have about zero excitement for this season.  Not sure why but I just am not very optimistic.  That home Non-con schedule didn't really get me too excited either...  I also have a 2.5 hour drive one way so it makes it hard to get to games.  If my seats weren't good I would of probably got rid of them so that was the driving force behind my decision.

Kept all 4 in lower part of section 101. Actually sell 2 to couple friends that split them. Never considered giving them up even though have hour 20 drive. Any excuse to eat wings at NZone  also a factor. I'm riding this sumbuck out. On a side note, 81 year old guy that sits 10 rows behind me told me he was "done with this sh**" as we left last game last season. He has since changed his mind and renewed.

Edited by roscoe

6 hours ago, roscoe said:

Kept all 4 in lower part of section 101. Actually sell 2 to couple friends that split them. Never considered giving them up even though have hour 20 drive. Any excuse to eat wings at NZone  also a factor. I'm riding this sumbuck out. On a side note, 81 year old guy that sits 10 rows behind me told me he was "done with this sh**" as we left last game last season. He has since changed his mind and renewed.

Got to give the guy credit.  That has been a lot of sh** over 81 years.