OT: Earth quake near Superior

10 hours ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

When the Big One hits Superior will it make the Republican River will run backwards?

Do you remember that show “Hillbilly Handfishing”? When I told co-workers at Edison High I did that all the time growing up (in the Republican River) they looked at me like I was nuts…

• 2 weeks later...

I grew up in those Smokey Hills of Northern Kansas, if you crossed the Republican River by Donnie Meyer's Farm (Kaylyn Meyer's Great Grandfather) you were IN Kansas. We had to buy out of state hunting & fishing licenses. It looks like the Earthquakes are near the old limestone quarry that kept Ideal Cement in business for decades...

12 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

I helped build and rebuild all of the roads in and around Superior. Back in the ole days, we would have to go up on the big hill on hi way 14 just south of Superior in Kansas to be able to call our office in Hastings.

That hill looks straight up & down when you cross the river. It had a gas station up there for years & they’d sell fireworks on the 4th…

On 7/28/2022 at 8:31 AM, Handy Johnson said:

That hill looks straight up & down when you cross the river. It had a gas station up there for years & they’d sell fireworks on the 4th…

There is a gas station right on the state line on the west side of the road. Been up that hill and bought fireworks.