USC & UCLA TO JOIN BIG TEN (beginning 2024)!

Red Don

1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

My guess— B1G goes after Notre Dame, KU, Stanford and Oregon soon.  Super conference 1.

SEC looks to add Duke, UNC, Miami, and Clemson.  Super conference 2.

TCU has been linked as well, gives the big 10 the Dallas market which is the 5th largest in the us.  Would basically give us every major market we want outside of Houston.  

Sounds like Kansas is mulling a move to the Big East for hoops and end their football program go independent in football. 

Also sounds like USC and UCLA were the ones that reached out, not the other way around. Will be interesting to see if others out west now also try to jump ship.

Looking at you Oregon & Washington.

4 minutes ago, throwback said:

Sounds like Kansas is mulling a move to the Big East for hoops and end their football program go independent in football. 

Also sounds like USC and UCLA were the ones that reached out, not the other way around. Will be interesting to see if others out west now also try to jump ship.

Eventually, I see four “mega” type conferences.  B1G and SEC being the top dogs.  Big 12, PAC 12, and ACC combine in some way with a few bigger mid majors to be #3 and 4.

Honestly, I don’t know who joins.  It’s the Wild West out there.  Those were just my guesses to strengthen both major sports.

10 hours ago, throwback said:

Big East is trying to add KU and Gonzaga. KU's football program is literally killing them. With a basketball power like that, the SEC/B1G is willing to grant you a lot of wiggle room. And they still don't want to touch them. That's tough haha.

ok...I don't follow USC or UCLA but all the stories say they are brining all the sports that the Big 10 offeres.  Does that mean we can tell UNO to stuff it when it comes to Hockey and get a Hockey program started? What other sports do the other schools have that we don't have?  Hockey is the only one I'm aware of. 

Not sure on accuracy; but I am hearing the names Notre Dame, Oregon and Washington being floated.  Further heard that Oregon and Washington announcement may come later today.  

I would think three would be wrong...it would be two or four additions. 

1 minute ago, Nighthawk said:

ok...I don't follow USC or UCLA but all the stories say they are brining all the sports that the Big 10 offeres.  Does that mean we can tell UNO to stuff it when it comes to Hockey and get a Hockey program started? What other sports do the other schools have that we don't have?  Hockey is the only one I'm aware of. 

Field hockey...rugby?

23 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Like I said before, eliminate conferences for football, throw them all together and let them decide who plays who, and get back to normal sized geographical based conferences for all the other sports.

When the conferences are more powerful than the governing body itself, this is never going to happen without higher intervention.

38 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Not sure on accuracy; but I am hearing the names Notre Dame, Oregon and Washington being floated.  Further heard that Oregon and Washington announcement may come later today.  

I would think three would be wrong...it would be two or four additions. 

I agree it would be better if its even. Notre Dame has to be the wild card here. My guess is Washington and Oregon are foregone conclusions. And if somehow Notre Dame jumps aboard they plan on who the next 1, 3, or 5 teams are. If its one more I'd like to see Colorado. And this seems to be based off of TV markets so I'd say there's a fighting chance that happens. But this has the feel to me that the Big Ten is gonna add 6 or 8 new teams not just the new 2 or 4.

Edited by cornfed24-7

On 7/1/2022 at 10:46 AM, cornfed24-7 said:

I agree it would be better if its even. Notre Dame has to be the wild card here. My guess is Washington and Oregon are foregone conclusions. And if somehow Notre Dame jumps aboard they plan on who the next 1, 3, or 5 teams are. If its one more I'd like to see Colorado. And this seems to be based off of TV markets so I'd say there's a fighting chance that happens. But this has the feel to me that the Big Ten is gonna add 6 or 8 new teams not just the new 2 or 4.

Do they stick with Pac 10 or do they bring in any Big 8 teams (and any of most recent)?  Notice I said Big 8...Screw the entire state of Texas. West Virginia, BYU, Central Florida, Cincinnati, and Houston (wait...they are part of Texas...no thanks) get a pass...as I have zero dislike for any of them. 

Edited by Nighthawk
Geography

4 hours ago, Nighthawk said:

Do they stick with Pac 10 or do they bring in any Big 8 teams (and any of most recent)?  Notice I said Big 8...Screw the entire state of Texas. West Virginia, BYU, Central Florida, Cincinnati, and Houston get a pass...as I have zero dislike for any of them. 

OU is the only old Big 8 team that is appealing.  Texas was the cash cow of the Big 12 so there are no other appealing schools that would be attractive.  Trust me, if Nebraska hadn't already made the move to the Big 10, we might be one of those teams left out and scrambling right now.  There is nothing appealing about Nebraska anymore (besides volleyball)

Edited by kldm64

11 minutes ago, kldm64 said:

OU is the only old Big 8 team that is appealing.  Texas was the cash cow of the Big 12 so there is not other appealing schools that would be attractive.  Trust me, if Nebraska hadn't already made the move to the Big 10, we might be one of those teams left out and scrambling right now.  There is nothing appealing about Nebraska anymore (besides volleyball)

Bowling???