USC & UCLA TO JOIN BIG TEN (beginning 2024)!

Red Don

On 4/10/2023 at 7:30 PM, HuskerFever said:

Waiting for people to show their age.

Those who know Colorado used to be in the Big 12 and those who didn't have a clue. Fortunately that age bar only reveals if you have a driver's license or not.

How bout those of us who know what happened to Billy Law during an an unfortunate incident in Lincoln…???

19 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

How bout those of us who know what happened to Billy Law during an an unfortunate incident in Lincoln…???

Do tell….am I remembering a smallish PG that one year the crowd teased (b/c of his size) by raining down slow methodical chants of “squirrrrrelll” in the arena ?  Do I got the right guy ?

56 minutes ago, lang said:

Do tell….am I remembering a smallish PG that one year the crowd teased (b/c of his size) by raining down slow methodical chants of “squirrrrrelll” in the arena ?  Do I got the right guy ?

He had his “Man Parts” stepped on & crushed in a drive to the Basket. My friends to this day still reference giving someone the “Billy Law” Treatment. 

13 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

He had his “Man Parts” stepped on & crushed in a drive to the Basket. My friends to this day still reference giving someone the “Billy Law” Treatment. 

I must have missed that one, I was always busy with telling Rodell Guest that he was a p****y.  I do know that the pep band always wanted to play Breaking the Law, but I'm not sure if they did.

• 4 weeks later...

Yormark is all about branding and marketing, so if the league expands past twelve members, there is a chance the conference changes its name and logo, according to a report from Brandon Marcello of 247Sports.

The Big 12 is preparing to explore new branding possibilities and perhaps a name change should the conference expand to 14 or 16 teams, though brainstorming is in the early stages, sources tell 247Sports…

“Should membership numbers change again in 2025, the Big 12 is at least open to the possibility of tweaking its logo, if not changing its name, a source said.“

https://www.si.com/college/westvirginia/.amp/big-12/big-12-considering-name-change

1 hour ago, HuskerFever said:

Yormark is all about branding and marketing, so if the league expands past twelve members, there is a chance the conference changes its name and logo, according to a report from Brandon Marcello of 247Sports.

The Big 12 is preparing to explore new branding possibilities and perhaps a name change should the conference expand to 14 or 16 teams, though brainstorming is in the early stages, sources tell 247Sports…

“Should membership numbers change again in 2025, the Big 12 is at least open to the possibility of tweaking its logo, if not changing its name, a source said.“

https://www.si.com/college/westvirginia/.amp/big-12/big-12-considering-name-change

I recall Bill Byrne discussing the names "Big 14" or "Big 16" in the late 90s in regard to the early days of the Big 12 conference. And, roughly a decade-and-a-half later, I can also remember Dan Beebe chiding Jim Delany about conferences swapping names when the Big Ten went to 12 and the Big 12 dropped to ten.

Edited by AuroranHusker

12 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

I’m just counting the days now until Bronny James & his Pops show up in Lincoln for some B1G Basketball 🏀 

My wife's son went along for a night on the town after a Laker game last year with AD and LeBron.  He also went to Russell Westbrook's Super Bowl party at his house last year.  Not that these things are relevant to anything; I just wanted to see the response was from the resident Lakers fans here.

15 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

Considering the teams that are left in the Big 12, they should probably consider changing their name to the Smedium 16.

3 hours ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

My wife's son went along for a night on the town after a Laker game last year with AD and LeBron.  He also went to Russell Westbrook's Super Bowl party at his house last year.  Not that these things are relevant to anything; I just wanted to see the response was from the resident Lakers fans here.

Bronny might be a fantastic College player but his chances of making the NBA or the pipe dream of playing with Dad are next to ZERO. I’m just wondering if LeBron does tag along to watch Bronny play in Lincoln will his old Miami Heat teammate D Wade show up to Hang? It would be cool to have that kind of Star ⭐️ Power in the building. Oh, & for All you Laker Haters, that 18th Banner is getting lifted to the rafters in a few weeks…! 

14 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

Bronny might be a fantastic College player but his chances of making the NBA or the pipe dream of playing with Dad are next to ZERO. I’m just wondering if LeBron does tag along to watch Bronny play in Lincoln will his old Miami Heat teammate D Wade show up to Hang? It would be cool to have that kind of Star ⭐️ Power in the building. Oh, & for All you Laker Haters, that 18th Banner is getting lifted to the rafters in a few weeks…! 

Is Lebron a free agent after next season?  I could see maybe him bribing some poverty franchise by saying he'll be willing to play his last season with them under the condition that they also draft his kid...if playing on the same team as his kid is what's truly important to him.

On 5/9/2023 at 11:45 AM, Handy Johnson said:

His defense and 3pt shooting will get him to the league as a reserve for sure.  He has elite athleticism.  

Will he be an all star? All time great?  No.  But picture a more athletic Pat Bev who can shoot.  That’s gonna be him.  

33 minutes ago, Fullbacksympathy said:

His defense and 3pt shooting will get him to the league as a reserve for sure.  He has elite athleticism.  

Will he be an all star? All time great?  No.  But picture a more athletic Pat Bev who can shoot.  That’s gonna be him.  

We’ll see about that, but USC in Lincoln reminds me sitting Courtside while Harold Minor dropped 42 on us in a 15 point LOSS…!