Sek Henry

I was a baseball card kid, I had comic books, I just don't recall the cost.

I do remember gas at around $0.25  a gallon and with that came an attendant (his name was Jake) who washed your windows, checked tire pressure and fluids.  You would go inside the station for a bottle of pop and visit with the old timers.  

Just a different time!

I remember the little glass bottles of Coca-Cola on ice too. Since they were washed and recycled, they had the original city of origin on the bottom and the one from furthest away would have to buy pop for all the other guys who got one for themselves at the same time. I think they were 10 cents apiece, but they might have been 5. I also liked the Grapettes, but my Dad favored Cream Sodas

On 6/19/2022 at 4:58 PM, Handy Johnson said:

You could get a 25 cent Schlitz Longneck at the Chartreuse Caboose on Thursday nights in 1987…

If it was the new and improved Schlitz formula, you were overcharged. Once they went back to the original Coke, it was much better.  

3 hours ago, cipsucks said:

If it was the new and improved Schlitz formula, you were overcharged. Once they went back to the original Coke, it was much better.  

If you ever went to the Billy Goat Tavern in Chicago (Chee-burger, Chee-burger) they had Schlitz DARK on Tap & it was actually one of the best beers I’ve ever had.