OT: Pickup ball in Lincoln

Hey guys, just moved to Lincoln a couple months ago and have been looking for a place/group that consistently plays pickup. Primarily indoors. My local Y (Fallbrook) doesn't seem to have much of that going on, especially when i'm there in the mornings on the weekend. Anyone know of any good spots for adult pickup? Thanks

1 hour ago, MichHusker said:

Hey guys, just moved to Lincoln a couple months ago and have been looking for a place/group that consistently plays pickup. Primarily indoors. My local Y (Fallbrook) doesn't seem to have much of that going on, especially when i'm there in the mornings on the weekend. Anyone know of any good spots for adult pickup? Thanks

Good luck, partner. Lincoln should work out well!

53 minutes ago, Nighthawk said:

Sorry have not played basketball since High School in the 80's.  Biking, Hiking, and Roller skating is about all this 52 year old can handle...although I'm considering some inline skates. 

That’s impressive - at 52 I’ve found challenging activities to be navigating a flight of stairs or lifting my arm above my head.

the weird thing about getting older, for me,is that recovery time from a sprained ankle was about two months at age 16, and is now about two minutes. I can now turn either one completely and even if I fall to the ground, I can just walk it off. It must have something to do with the previous several hundred sprains.

On 6/10/2022 at 12:18 PM, Dead Dog Alley said:

That’s impressive - at 52 I’ve found challenging activities to be navigating a flight of stairs or lifting my arm above my head.

the weird thing about getting older, for me,is that recovery time from a sprained ankle was about two months at age 16, and is now about two minutes. I can now turn either one completely and even if I fall to the ground, I can just walk it off. It must have something to do with the previous several hundred sprains.

Went on a 20 mile bike ride last weekend and went on an 8 mile walk the other day. Agree about the recovery time. I get injured it takes me time to recover. Skates I just ordered.  Should be an interesting adventure. 

Screenshot_20220612-130959.png

56 minutes ago, Nighthawk said:

Went on a 20 mile bike ride last weekend and went on an 8 mile walk the other day. Agree about the recovery time. I get injured it takes me time to recover. Skates I just ordered.  Should be an interesting adventure. 

Screenshot_20220612-130959.png

Ummm...for me, death by bunga- bunga may lead to a less painful death.  😂

On 6/10/2022 at 8:04 AM, colhusker said:

Use to sneak into old coliseum on weekends when I was in high school and was in college at Kearney. We would also pop into the old rec center.  Granted the earth has cooled since those days.

I have a soft spot for the Coliseum and the Mens PE building.  Those were my hangouts in the 70's.  Loved playing ball there.  When the Devaney Center opened, I even got a chance to play some ball there before it was officially opened to the public.  Hard to believe that was over 35 years ago.

1 hour ago, REM72 said:

I have a soft spot for the Coliseum and the Mens PE building.  Those were my hangouts in the 70's.  Loved playing ball there.  When the Devaney Center opened, I even got a chance to play some ball there before it was officially opened to the public.  Hard to believe that was over 35 years ago.

Of course it was 46 years ago when it opened for play during the first game of the state tournament, Columbus vs. Omaha Burke in March, 1976.   They were putting the floor down the very week it opened (so no one was playing in there before it opened; perhaps they did after the state tournament, and before the Huskers started playing there in the fall of ‘76).  The lower bleachers weren’t installed yet, so the bands were in the upper bleachers at that first game.  The cheerleaders were on the floor but had to look up a long way to the fans in the B section.