Assistant Coach

Tinpanalley

Wonder what is taking so long to hire an assistant coach.  The only league currently playing is the WNBA and that regular season does not end until the end of July.  You would think Coach Williams would want her full staff on board before the women start their summer workouts.

Wonder what is taking so long to hire an assistant coach.  The only league currently playing is the WNBA and that regular season does not end until the end of July.  You would think Coach Williams would want her full staff on board before the women start their summer workouts.
Maybe the coach is already there.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

STUFF

https://huskers.com/news/2022/6/6/womens-basketball-keller-joins-huskers-as-assistant.aspx

Apparently coach Keller worked for Coach Amy' s sister,  previously  Coach Emilee (Gusso) Thiesse, the sister of Nebraska Head Coach Amy (Gusso) Williams.

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/womens-basketball/nu-womens-hoops-adds-assistant-coach-jessica-keller/article_10c90a64-6ab0-59cc-a4c0-c9c9eec87886.html

Looks to be a real good hire.

Edited by redsteve

this is the answer to a question that has been long pending - since Coach Love' abrupt absence. Although, I trust Amy's judgment  i am a bit disappointed.  I was hoping for either someone with major conference experience - preferably from a long successful school or someone with a rep as an ace recruiter.  Maybe both. As it is, we have someone from a substantially lesser level of competition. Perhaps she has talents beyond what the resume reveals, but if so, one might wonder why she has not previously progressed up the ladder.  

Edited by Tom Jones
left out a word