Recruiting for 2023

5 hours ago, 49r said:

They have a budget for their roster that reaches up into the millions of dollars funded by the biggest corporations on the planet.  We get our boys to tweet out something about a donut shop or tire repair service once or twice during their time in Lincoln that will get them an extra couple grand maybe.

You might be surprised to find out what Derrick Walker's NIL deal is to play this year.    I don't disagree with your points about recruiting, but our NIL collectives are doing work.   

On 6/8/2022 at 8:54 AM, 49r said:

Yeah...

"top 20" one time.  That's great.  They're bringing in top 10 classes every single year at minimum.

I'll reiterate.  We aren't even in the same galaxy as those schools when it comes to recruiting.  They're bringing in full grown men ready for the NBA when they step on campus; we're bringing in little boys who aren't quite sure they know what a campus is.

They have a budget for their roster that reaches up into the millions of dollars funded by the biggest corporations on the planet.  We get our boys to tweet out something about a donut shop or tire repair service once or twice during their time in Lincoln that will get them an extra couple grand maybe.

Baylor, Texas Tech Gonzaga. Etc. Have all either made the final 4 recently or won it. None of those schools are college basketball blue bloods and I'd have to look but I'd imagine either have a similar budget or less than ours.  Your looking in the wrong place by comparing Nebraska to Duke when you should be looking at those other schools mentioned and see what they've done and how we could do somethings similar.

On 6/8/2022 at 2:20 PM, HB said:

You might be surprised to find out what Derrick Walker's NIL deal is to play this year.    I don't disagree with your points about recruiting, but our NIL collectives are doing work.   

Yeah I find it hard to believe a basketball program that traditionally has been as bad as Nebraska's with 0 tournament wins & one of the worst teams the past few years is still attracting some good recruits/transfers without a solid NIL.