When do the new players report?

When do the new players report?  When do summer practices start?  We have six new players coming into the program.  Are all of them going to be here in early June or will we have to wait for some?  In particular, when does the JUCO center Blaise Keita arrive?  

It is possible some are already here since there was a May 16-June 8th summer school session. 

The first 5-week session starts June 6th and I would expect most are "required" to "voluntarily" be there by then. 

Here's the link to FH's camps this year. You'll notice the note on there, which is, kind a strange? https://www.fredhoibergbasketballcamps.com/ - am I reading it correctly that there will be no basketball camps this summer? Cause of COVID or what? 

Edited by basketballjones

31 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

It is possible some are already here since there was a May 16-June 8th summer school session. 

The first 5-week session starts June 6th and I would expect most are "required" to "voluntarily" be there by then. 

Here's the link to FH's camps this year. You'll notice the note on there, which is, kind a strange? https://www.fredhoibergbasketballcamps.com/ - am I reading it correctly that there will be no basketball camps this summer? Cause of COVID or what? 

That's how I read it.  Heck, Buzzy is listed and he isn't here any longer...correct?

2 hours ago, uneblinstu said:

I don't see anything on any of the socials about any camps. Could be covid, but my guess is lack of interest.

2 minutes ago, Chuck Taylor said:

Very strange that they wouldn't have camps. Those things kind of run on their own, so not sure why Fred would cancel them.

Correct, Chuck - the head coach doesn’t even have to show up but to say hi and shake a few hands. Ops and GAs run that stuff. 

I’d be highly surprised if there’s no interest? Those things were always packed. 

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, colhusker said:

Do share

I mean, I don't have any inside info on anything, but lack of interest could come from not enough interest in attendees. Or the coaches don't want to do it. Or the athletic department doesn't want to devote resources to it. Or something that I'm not thinking of right now.