2022-2023 WBB Roster

HUD

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Thank you Nebraska ❤️ <a href="https://t.co/AJsPYWKYtd">pic.twitter.com/AJsPYWKYtd</a></p>&mdash; Chuck Love (@CoachLove85) <a href="https://twitter.com/CoachLove85/status/1525084926311276544?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 13, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Edited by 4huskers

Still think this team is one really good player away from having a chance to win the Big Ten.  We need to power froward can be perform statistically a little better than Bella did last year that is an experienced good scorer and rebounder or a center and have Alexis play both center and forward.  Just don't think Isabella and Alexis is enough to carry us to a championship.  If Maggie was playing basketball full time that may have been enough but she can't even practice with the team until the volleyball season is over (hopefully after the final four). I am not discounting what Annika and Kendall C. can contribute  but I don't see one of them averaging 10 points and 8 rebounds a game.  

I think we have the guard players to get us there.  

Need to strike when the iron is hot, never know when you will get another chance.  With players transferring so freely, a team can drastically change in a given year.   I am really disappointed that the coach has not brought in a quality big.  She might have tried and couldn't land the commitment.  

Hope I am wrong and the current players can win a Big Ten championship.  I am starving for the Lady Huskers to win one.

I think we're back to the 15 limit on the roster...after all the gyrations of the COVID fiasco. ....So we could add 1 supposedly. With Mendelson we're at 14.

I've forgotten how Mendelson's scholarship deal works out....volleyball vs basketball. Or for which team she holds a scholarship.

She is on a WBB scholarship.  I'm still thinking she plays BB during the summer until regular fall VB practice starts and then switches over until VB is done.  What I don't know on scholarships is if Ashley S. still counts against us until she officially transfers.

10 hours ago, HUD said:

She is on a WBB scholarship.  I'm still thinking she plays BB during the summer until regular fall VB practice starts and then switches over until VB is done.  What I don't know on scholarships is if Ashley S. still counts against us until she officially transfers.

I think _not positive).....the "roster" is the active 15.   Non playing scholarships don't count on the "active" roster.  Example a permanent retirement due to injuries, but still keeps scholarship. ..Taylor Kissenger

I'm sure that if coach Williams feels we still have a need for bench help at forward she would go after someone.  She knows what to expect out of A. Stewart and K. Coley and Mendelson has a big upside.  The one sleeper we haven't seen is T. Popa.  I have to believe that if she hasn't improved to where she could help she would have been in the portal as well.  Hopefully will hear more when summer practice starts soon.  I sure hope we can finally have enough of the right kind of players to add a good full court press.  Next step up the ladder here we come!

Edited by HUD

On 5/14/2022 at 8:56 PM, redsteve said:

I think we're back to the 15 limit on the roster...after all the gyrations of the COVID fiasco. ....So we could add 1 supposedly. With Mendelson we're at 14.

I've forgotten how Mendelson's scholarship deal works out....volleyball vs basketball. Or for which team she holds a scholarship.

Counts towards basketball.

1 minute ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Counts towards basketball.

Yes, so with Mendelson, we're at 14. So one more could be taken. Popa is kind of the wild card so to speak. Simply haven't seen her play enough to know what we might expect. If she holds her own inside...will fill in a lot to the overall picture. 

Mendelson just might be the key. Don't want to get the expectations to high, but she may be the real deal we've needed.

But our bench will be strong and deep next season. Maybe one the strongest we've had in years.  Guard heavy for sure. 

This is going to be good.

51 minutes ago, 12dozen said:

That sucks.  I was cautiously optimistic, she would contribute this year.  Is there any sense of urgency to add replacement pieces to our roster (and staff)?  We 

have some holes to fill.  

She was going to be a project.

2 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Yes that is my opinion, I just didn't see any benefit. Other than she was 6'5"

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Agree....that's how she may have seen it too.  And the possibility of another big coming in (Mendelson) may be a factor. So the search may be on for another big...or a 4???

This revolving door never stops.

Edited by redsteve

Another big and/or a 4 seems high priority.  Bella left a hole.  Markowski is a stud, but was a bit foul prone. I don't trust officials in this conference, would love to have more depth at her position.  Mendelson could be great, but is unproven and will be part time.   Hiring a stud recruiter to fill the coaching vacancy, could help.

Sam Mc. did say when we signed Maddie Krull that he thought we would more than likely get a 4/5 out of the portal before next season.  I like how Amy is moving in a well thought out roster upgrade.  We now have 2 open scholarships one for a portal pickup this year and one for another 2023 recruit to go along with Logan Nissley.

11 hours ago, HUD said:

Sam Mc. did say when we signed Maddie Krull that he thought we would more than likely get a 4/5 out of the portal before next season.  I like how Amy is moving in a well thought out roster upgrade.  We now have 2 open scholarships one for a portal pickup this year and one for another 2023 recruit to go along with Logan Nissley.

Sometimes a portal transfer and a familiar coach wind up at the same school.  Two birds with one stone (wishful thinking).     🙂

Here we go again with the total lack of communication from Amy Williams!!!   "Tatiana Popa redshirted in her first season at Nebraska in 2021-22. She came to Lincoln as a four-star recruit despite not playing competitively as a high school senior at Brewster Academy in 2020-21 because of the COVID-19 pandemic."       So what the hell happened as she is not on the roster, nothin on the WBB site, and apparently no press releases to the newspapers.  Is she in the transfer portal????  Geez just be honest with the WBB fans about what is going on.   I really do not think Williams  is a top tier WBB coach in the Big Ten!!!!

I’m not sure they knew it was coming?  She was literally on the roster yesterday and today she is not. I don’t think she entered the portal, or at least it wasn’t announced because that would have been done by May 1.  And I’m not sure she was a 4 star recruit?  She was not on the espn list (which ranks the top 100) and was #263 by All Star Girls Report.  I think she also went to 5 high schools.

This may be a reason we will not hear about, such as medical, grades or a disciplinary issue or maybe she just wanted to go home?  It could be a million things that tie coaches hands. 

Edited by Jakesbff