Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I put this under its own title; but Matt can move it under our huskers in the pro's thread if he wishes.

This is interesting on a few issues:

* He still doesn't know his ceiling 

* He still loves his huskers

* His current major weakness

* His strength as a 3-point shooter

* What didn't factor into his decision to become a husker

* The dilemma in deciding on retaining him or letting him go

 

Man, it would have been sweet having him that first year under Fred...but I wonder now if that would have helped or hurt his pro career path?

Enjoy the article. 

 

https://thunderousintentions.com/2022/05/10/isaiah-roby-doesnt-know-ceiling/amp/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Imagine if Miles’s 4th place team in 2018 could’ve got that NCAA bid they so richly deserved & went on a Sweet 16 run or better! The team behind them in the standings played in the Title game so that’s hardly far fetched. Would’ve changed the Arc of the entire program….oh well 

Edited by Handy Johnson
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Handy Johnson said:

Imagine if Miles’s 4th place team in 2018 could’ve got that NCAA bid they so richly deserved & went on a Sweet 16 run or better! They team behind them in the standings played in the Title game so that’s hardly far fetched. Would’ve changed the Arc of the entire program….oh well 

 

Instead:

  • Judging by actuarial tables and family history, I have between 10 minutes and 45 years left on this mortal coil
  • At our current rate of success, Nebraska can be expected to make between 0 and 2 NCAA tournaments in that time frame
  • At our historical rate of NCAA Tournament success, Nebraska can be expected to win 0 NCAA tournament games in that time
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am scratching my head trying to figure out the math of whoever wrote this article.

 

"Roby shoots 36-percent from three..."

 

"...ranking in the 93rd percentile for his position on corner threes (50-percent), and 95th percentile on non-corner triples (45-percent), and 98th percentile overall for his position on all three-pointers (46-percent)."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

 

Instead:

  • Judging by actuarial tables and family history, I have between 10 minutes and 45 years left on this mortal coil
  • At our current rate of success, Nebraska can be expected to make between 0 and 2 NCAA tournaments in that time frame
  • At our historical rate of NCAA Tournament success, Nebraska can be expected to win 0 NCAA tournament games in that time

 

You posted this 47 minutes ago so you have outlived your minimum life expectancy.  I would say you are ahead of the game!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, 49r said:

 

You posted this 47 minutes ago so you have outlived your minimum life expectancy.  I would say you are ahead of the game!

 

Not sure I agree until he responds to provide evidence he's still with us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/10/2022 at 1:03 PM, aphilso1 said:

I am scratching my head trying to figure out the math of whoever wrote this article.

 

"Roby shoots 36-percent from three..."

 

"...ranking in the 93rd percentile for his position on corner threes (50-percent), and 95th percentile on non-corner triples (45-percent), and 98th percentile overall for his position on all three-pointers (46-percent)."

They say sixty-five percent of all statistics
Are made up right there on the spot

Eighty-two-point-four percent of people believe 'em
Whether they're accurate statistics or not
I don't know what you believe
But I do know there's no doubt
I need another double-shot of something ninety-proof
I got too much to think about

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...