NIL…one new issue that will occur.

On 5/4/2022 at 5:34 PM, Vinny said:

One thing I just thought in terms of NIL, it will be used, if it isn’t already, to get guys off your team as well as on your team.

Need a scholarship? Make another player’s NIL money go away.

Excellent point. Scholarships are year-to-year but the Big Ten expects you to honor it as long as the player wishes to stay. BUT take away his NIL money -- which the league cannot control -- and you effectively incentivize him to move on.

That's a really good point. Very Machiavellian of you.  

I anticipate the coaches will use that strategy with cutthroat efficiency.

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

Excellent point. Scholarships are year-to-year but the Big Ten expects you to honor it as long as the player wishes to stay. BUT take away his NIL money -- which the league cannot control -- and you effectively incentivize him to move on.

That's a really good point. Very Machiavellian of you.  

I anticipate the coaches will use that strategy with cutthroat efficiency.

Many of these players sign multi-year contracts for their NIL. Won't be as easy as we think. 

20 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

I am waiting for the first, either didn’t make the payments, or where A player breaks the contract by leaving…. Or something like that…🤔

I could see some collective being a royal prick if that happened and making the athlete pose in the old schools logos while enrolled at a different school 🤣 Only kidding guys and gals 😉

31 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Businesses will adapt. Growing pains and bad bets early on, then they'll start to figure out the right formula and have the right lawyers.

And College Players will get Agents to represent them...something that as of right now is forbiden unless you are going pro. 

• 2 weeks later...