NIL.....

whoopdeedoo

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article260883402.html

Miami Hurricane player threatens to leave unless his NIL is increased.

this is on the MEN's side. wow.................is collegiate sports changing. first step to holdouts?

if it isn't going on behind the scenes in wbb......it is most likely coming. 

Edited by whoopdeedoo

Not surprised at all. Next step is to have attorneys suing schools for more money to players....or any other thing you can think of that might happen.

I'm to old school I guess. Remember when just the thought of getting your free ride to college paid for was huge.

Who ever caved to the idea of the transfer portal as it currently is, and the NIL money pit.  ..what monster(s) have been unleashed.

When money becomes a determining factor... then Katy bar the door.

Have heard of certain UNL athletes supposedly making huge NIL figures already. Free use of cars for endorsements..etc etc

UNL has become a leader of the NIL "experience"

Haiby thankfully has benefited from NIL. Has to be others in many sports.  It is what it is. Stay tuned.

Edited by redsteve

59 minutes ago, redsteve said:

Have heard of certain UNL athletes supposedly making huge NIL figures already. Free use of cars for endorsements..etc etc

yes, example from football from a couple months ago....

From Stewart Mandel:

On Friday, a five-star recruit in the Class of 2023 signed an agreement with a school’s NIL collective that could pay him more than $8 million by the end of his junior year of college, The Athletic has learned. He’ll be paid $350,000 almost immediately, followed by monthly payouts escalating to more than $2 million per year once he begins his college career, in exchange for making public appearances and taking part in social media promotions and other NIL activities “on behalf of (the collective) or a third party.”

Edited by whoopdeedoo

2 hours ago, Cazzie22 said:

I am concerned about Izzy and Jaz not benefiting from NIL.  This needs to be corrected.  I want those two to be happy at Nebraska.

here we have outstanding foreign student athletes (all around the country mind you) and the lawyers are concerned about NIL and the "laws"? then on the other hand, we have over a million illegal immigrants breaking our laws and crossing the border! 

Edited by whoopdeedoo

• 1 month later...

tried to find a little more info on this, but, not having much luck at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, 12dozen said:

I wonder when our local NIL businesses will start showing Britt Prince some Husker love?  Different times for sure.

My guess...once there is a lean or a commitment to the huskers.  $'s are precious these days, even to the NIL pocketbooks.   So if there is a good chance she lands here, dollars will be available.   

The other scenario would be possible NIL bucks to entice interest...but that gets you into NCAA trouble. 

• 3 weeks later...

reading this article on gophers and their NIL....

TYPES OF DEALS

— The disclosure forms appeared to have categories for the type of work to be done for a business or organization and “social media” was checked in nearly 60 percent of all disclosures. Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Cameo were listed.

— Appearances, autograph sessions and camps made up more than 20 percent of the remaining pie, while a catch-all “other” category and player’s “own business” rounded out the final 20 percent.

SOME DETAILS ON DEALS

— The amount of details players shared in the “brief description” of the NIL activity vary substantially based on the athlete.

— One wrestler wrote he will be “saying hi” during an appearance and listed payment at $2,000. One football player wrote he would be “hanging out in a tent” for an appearance and would receive $100.

— A volleyball player said in mid-June she would be “posting at least six (Snapchat) stories to her public profile per month” and had “potential for up to a 6-month partnership.” Monthly payments were listed at $1,000.15.

— A few football players listed “eating competition” along with other responsibilities for an appearance last summer. Their compensation, per one disclosure, was “to be determined based on size”, presumably of the event.

— A women’s gymnast said she would be “working with clothing and jewelry brands” and would be able to purchase items at 30 percent of the sale price.

— Roughly 10 disclosures from football players in April were for a TV commercial. Most listed $250 as payment.

— For the most part, Gopher athletes are not getting rich — or even paying for too many daily expenses —with the deals listed in the disclosures across the first year of NIL.

• 1 month later...

just found this snippet a bit interesting. my cousin from minnesota sent me this. Chad Greenway talking about his daughter, Maddyn Greenway (in case you aren't aware, a pretty highly recruited guard out of minnesota)...also, he heard Greenway is "heavily" invested in the aau circuit (if you know what i mean)

Cory Cove: Is there a chance you might have a daughter playing basketball for the Gophers?
Chad Greenway: Is this a recruiting pitch? Show me the NIL deal-then we'll talk....there's a chance, there's a chance. 

nothing should shock me anymore...but, i'll say it. i will be shocked if she doesn't commit to the Hawkeyes. daddy played for hawkeyes and i believe mom was a cyclone.

Edited by whoopdeedoo