Jump to content

Baylor Scheierman


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Chuck Taylor said:

Who talks to Creighton fans? 

Perfect, I was going to let ALL you closeted Bluebird fans know I’ve got a Kevin McKenna Lakers jersey for sale if you’re interested…

Edited by Handy Johnson
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

There is only one ball.  Creighton seems to flourish by playing team ball.  Sooo, it may end up being an interesting dynamic if Baylor insists on playing hero ball.  Hey, I am sure they will make it happen...right?


He is not a hero ball type player at all these days.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Baylor Scheierman vs Sam Griesel in 3 games this season.

 

Sam - 19 ppg, 4 apg, 5 rpg

Baylor - 18.6 ppg, 3.6 apg, 6 rpg

 

Just wanted to take a moment to pump up our boy...

He got the better of it by far in the championship game as well. 
 

If it weren’t for him being an Aurora kid and watching him play so much I wouldn’t care.  This is a nightmare scenario for me, being a big fan of his and despising Creighton so much.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

I think the reality was that he wanted to finish on a team that should be pretty good, we can’t guarantee that at this time.  Creighton can so…😐

 

now I need to go take a bath in bleach for saying that…🤮


I honestly think if we’re at least a competent team this past year he chooses DONU. We need to show progress. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

Well, Dirk just wrote an article with the headline: With Baylor’s addition, Jay thinking National Chanpionship…

😂😂😂😂😂

Also, my Jay alum coworkers who are big time boosters said Baylor cost 400k 

Not a terrible investment if he gets them a National Title 😂😂😂😂😂😂

How much do you think Kyle Korver or Rodney Buford would go for these days…???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

How much do you think Kyle Korver or Rodney Buford would go for these days…???

I remember Rodney coming to a basketball camp I attended as a 10-12 year old in Grand Island. First time I saw someone do a windmill dunk in real life and I’ve been cursing my sub-6-foot genes since.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

Well, Dirk just wrote an article with the headline: With Baylor’s addition, Jay thinking National Chanpionship…

😂😂😂😂😂

Also, my Jay alum coworkers who are big time boosters said Baylor cost 400k 

Not a terrible investment if he gets them a National Title 😂😂😂😂😂😂

If Dirk wasn't a pathetic little twit, I would be concerned about that article.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Siggghhhh, It is time that this thread is put to bed. 

ALTHOUGH, it is important to note that he has NOT YET removed his name from the NBA draft list.  In a subversive/stealth move, he may leave Creighton wondering what could have happened if he chooses to jump! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/2/2022 at 6:22 PM, 49r said:

And just for the record, this is not a sour grapes "we didn't want him anyway".  That's not the case at all.  I think we probably could have used Baylor Scheierman the player, absolutely.  But we probably are NOT ready for "The Baylor Scheierman Experience" as it has apparently become.  So, with that I say congrats Creighton, tip my hat, and go on.  

 

Good players can be high maintenance. One of the points to hiring Fred Hoiberg is that he should have the gravitas to handle personalities as needed. Otherwise we might as well save some money by hiring some Pat Chambers type and try to make the NIT this decade. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, OmahaHusker said:


I honestly think if we’re at least a competent team this past year he chooses DONU. We need to show progress. 

 

A lot of times you can recruit a kid by saying we need your help to get better.

Today we just saw what happens when you can't land a guy who would be happy to come here because realistically the FH era has been a trainwreck and there is no guarantee it can or will improve. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

If Dirk wasn't a pathetic little twit, I would be concerned about that article.

 

As much as I hate Creighton, they will be easily a preseason Top 10 team and possible a top 5 team.  They have all the right pieces to make it to the Final Four.  Granted, they have only won 2 games in the NCAA tournament once but they certainly are a team that could make alot of noise this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, kldm64 said:

 

As much as I hate Creighton, they will be easily a preseason Top 10 team and possible a top 5 team.  They have all the right pieces to make it to the Final Four.  Granted, they have only won 2 games in the NCAA tournament once but they certainly are a team that could make alot of noise this year.

 

It's typically been hard to keep them all on the plantation after about January.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, let's say you're a highly sought after transfer kid who grew up in Nebraska and you're now in the transfer portal with your pick of a lot of places. Do you go ...

 

a) to a local program where the head coach has won an average of 8 games per season for the last 3 seasons; OR

 

b) somewhere else?

 

I don't feel like I'm in any position to judge Baylor Scheierman's choice here.

 

We need to earn the respect we want. Start winning some games and we'll start landing players like this. Until then, we really have no business complaining that he didn't pick us. Hell, I wouldn't pick us at this point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/5/2022 at 9:59 PM, Norm Peterson said:

So, let's say you're a highly sought after transfer kid who grew up in Nebraska and you're now in the transfer portal with your pick of a lot of places. Do you go ...

 

a) to a local program where the head coach has won an average of 8 games per season for the last 3 seasons; OR

 

b) somewhere else?

 

I don't feel like I'm in any position to judge Baylor Scheierman's choice here.

 

We need to earn the respect we want. Start winning some games and we'll start landing players like this. Until then, we really have no business complaining that he didn't pick us. Hell, I wouldn't pick us at this point.

 

Agreed.  If I was in his shoes, no way would I have picked NU over Creighton and I hate Creighton.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...