Jump to content

Baylor Scheierman


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Cowboy Kermit said:

 

 


Kansas and Kentucky no longer in the discussion for Scheierman. Unfortunately, sounding more and more like Creighton is the favorite.

 


If that happens, are there any legal experts who can tell me if I can change my birth certificate to remove Aurora as my place of birth?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

NBA is still the #1 for him. Hopefully he hears good news and stays in the draft and never steps foot on the floor for that shit hole hole school

Some NBA scout or evaluator would have to be blowing a whole lotta sunshine.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Cowboy Kermit said:


Some NBA scout or evaluator would have to be blowing a whole lotta sunshine.

 

Sounds like all the talk about every hoops program from the Kansas' and Kentucky's of the world on down wanting to get him were a whole lotta nothing too.  Guess he has the same agent as Nigel Pack and people don't want to be messing with that?  IDK.

 

TBF, ending up at Creighton will be a reasonably soft landing for him, but still quite the fall from grace.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, 49r said:

 

Sounds like all the talk about every hoops program from the Kansas' and Kentucky's of the world on down wanting to get him were a whole lotta nothing too.  Guess he has the same agent as Nigel Pack and people don't want to be messing with that?  IDK.

 

TBF, ending up at Creighton will be a reasonably soft landing for him, but still quite the fall from grace.

I think they said all his top 10 did in homes with him minus UK and KU. So more passive interest from UK and KU. Creighton has been tabbed as a Top 10 team in about every "too-early" poll, so I know it'll make us all barf, but they are probably a Final 4 contender with him. Sucks but hard to blame the kid. We would probably be in good position if we knew how to win basketball games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have heard that CU is negotiating a certain NIL amount and a minimum number of shots per game!

 

That would be at minimum a verbal contract and if doesn’t get his shots per game it might be actionable for damages. Major college sports are in a free fall. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Starting to really think NIL and I won’t be getting along….

 

Baylor wants to showcase that he can handle the ball and initiate the offense. Nembhard (sp error but who cares) is back so he won’t start at PG. 
 

is he skilled enough at 6-6 to play PG in the big ten?? Just asking?? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

NIL is out of control.  Hope Baylor lands here.  Still hate Creighton.  That is all.

 

At this point, I think he's honestly the last thing we need.  He'd be much better off at Creighton anyway.  They have a stronger culture that could potentially withstand the locker room damage this kind of deal will inevitably create.  For us, I think it might be completely devastating.

 

And just for the record, this is not a sour grapes "we didn't want him anyway".  That's not the case at all.  I think we probably could have used Baylor Scheierman the player, absolutely.  But we probably are NOT ready for "The Baylor Scheierman Experience" as it has apparently become.  So, with that I say congrats Creighton, tip my hat, and go on.  

 

Hoping we can find people who are here to build a culture.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, 49r said:

 

At this point, I think he's honestly the last thing we need.  He'd be much better off at Creighton anyway.  They have a stronger culture that could potentially withstand the locker room damage this kind of deal will inevitably create.  For us, I think it might be completely devastating.

 

And just for the record, this is not a sour grapes "we didn't want him anyway".  That's not the case at all.  I think we probably could have used Baylor Scheierman the player, absolutely.  But we probably are NOT ready for "The Baylor Scheierman Experience" as it has apparently become.  So, with that I say congrats Creighton, tip my hat, and go on.  

 

Hoping we can find people who are here to build a culture.


To add to you point, it’s not just An issue for our roster but for any team in college basketball. If you can offer one guy a boat load of NIL money to come play here fine, but those other guys that have already played for you should be increased too then to avoid animosity. What’s to stop CJ from saying “I stuck with you all year last year I want an increase too. This guy hasn’t even played consistently at a high level yet.” It’s uncharted waters with all this and money of all things can create issues. 
 

Baylor would undoubtedly be a great add. Idk where we’d go next year with him. Tourney? NIT? I don’t know. Maybe Hoiberg is thinking I’m on thin ice as it is I need to do whatever I can to win, which isn’t exactly a formula for success. You can look at it from many fronts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

Starting to really think NIL and I won’t be getting along….

 

Baylor wants to showcase that he can handle the ball and initiate the offense. Nembhard (sp error but who cares) is back so he won’t start at PG. 
 

is he skilled enough at 6-6 to play PG in the big ten?? Just asking?? 

He’s much more skilled than our current 6’6” summit league transfer point guard (not a knock on Griesel. Baylor is just that good). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 49r said:

 

At this point, I think he's honestly the last thing we need.  He'd be much better off at Creighton anyway.  They have a stronger culture that could potentially withstand the locker room damage this kind of deal will inevitably create.  For us, I think it might be completely devastating.

 

And just for the record, this is not a sour grapes "we didn't want him anyway".  That's not the case at all.  I think we probably could have used Baylor Scheierman the player, absolutely.  But we probably are NOT ready for "The Baylor Scheierman Experience" as it has apparently become.  So, with that I say congrats Creighton, tip my hat, and go on.  

 

Hoping we can find people who are here to build a culture.

I think you might be overreacting to a couple sensational headlines in the twitterverse. This line would have been head scratching 3 weeks ago. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

I think you might be overreacting to a couple sensational headlines in the twitterverse. This line would have been head scratching 3 weeks ago. 

 

No overreaction at all.  Absolutely 100% genuine thoughts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, 49r said:

 

No overreaction at all.  Absolutely 100% genuine thoughts.

I mean we don't want the #1 player in the portal because he probably has NIL and PT requirements? That's probably true for every decent recruit. I guess it's probably irrelevant to debate, because I'm sure Fred, the other coaches, Trev, and the entire roster want Baylor in a Nebraska jersey next season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...