Baylor Scheierman

bkamler

3 hours ago, Chuck Taylor said:

And I'm not saying we should/shouldn't have offered Baylor out of Aurora. But I'm betting the football program sure as **** put in more evaluation on him as a QB than we did as a hooper. THAT'S what I'm saying.

I know for sure that he was invited to at least one football game.  Pry didn't go much further since he was determined to be a hoopster.  He was something to see on the football field.  Just obliterated the single season record books and rarely played in the 2nd half of a game.  

4 hours ago, cipsucks said:

Thanks for asking, royalfan.

The bone marrow transplant worked.  All his bloodwork numbers have gone up steadily since October when we brought him home.  He got the transplant in June of last year, and there were some scary times in between.  Two weeks ago, he went to the Buffett Cancer Center with a staph infection in his leg. The infection tanked his numbers, but they've been improving on their own. He's been home now for a week, and is improving.  Long story short, we know God healed him long ago.  Sometimes it takes time to be revealed in the natural.

Kinda like Nebraska Basketball.  😉

Had some star beef today and fuck cancer.  Wish you all the best.

4 hours ago, royalfan said:

I know for sure that he was invited to at least one football game.  Pry didn't go much further since he was determined to be a hoopster.  He was something to see on the football field.  Just obliterated the single season record books and rarely played in the 2nd half of a game.  

didn’t he commit real early to SDSU for hoops? Like after his soph year or am I not remembering correctly? Might be why he did not get football looks but who knows

Is Baylor invited to the NBA combine? It’s amazing for how coveted this guy is in college I don’t see him mentioned in any mock drafts or top prospects list. I’m guessing he projects to be a 3 and D guy and is missing that “D” part. 

I'll be honest, the way this agent is shopping Baylor really turns me off. He realizes it's a seller's market right now with most of the top transfers off the table. But he's literally demanding a big paycheck AND a featured role. Not sure most current players would welcome a guy like that.

I'm sure Baylor's a nice kid and all, but if this were anyone else and if we weren't involved, then everyone would absolutely hate this.

16 minutes ago, Chuck Taylor said:

I'll be honest, the way this agent is shopping Baylor really turns me off. He realizes it's a seller's market right now with most of the top transfers off the table. But he's literally demanding a big paycheck AND a featured role. Not sure most current players would welcome a guy like that.

I'm sure Baylor's a nice kid and all, but if this were anyone else and if we weren't involved, then everyone would absolutely hate this.

His agent is a scum bag, so I’m wondering how much of this coming out is from his agent and how much is actually from him.

Wow. I can't believe that. I figured it was Kansas... really did. 

Looking at that list, you HAVE TO think it's Creighton vs. NU. 

Btw, if he goes to Duke or Creighton................... well................. 

Sounding like Creighton is the favorite and Nebraska’s basketball NIL operation is trying to ground swell some dollars to make a big offer since the basketball NIL operation is separate from football.

6 minutes ago, Cowboy Kermit said:

Sounding like Creighton is the favorite and Nebraska’s basketball NIL operation is trying to ground swell some dollars to make a big offer since the basketball NIL operation is separate from football.

But, but, but, but NIL is separate from the schools so there's no way that NIL operations could or could not be related to the programs themselves!

Pretty shocked honestly that Kansas is out.

But it may also be a sign that Bill Self isn't willing to play these silly reindeer games (which I can understand)

It also might be a sign that the NBA is the *real* frontrunner right now for him (which I can also understand)

Pretty shocked honestly that Kansas is out.

But it may also be a sign that Bill Self isn't willing to play these silly reindeer games (which I can understand)

It also might be a sign that the NBA is the *real* frontrunner right now for him (which I can also understand)

KU wasn’t gonna play ball with his agent and couldn’t guarantee him a feature role. Same with Kentucky

2 minutes ago, Cowboy Kermit said:

KU wasn’t gonna play ball with his agent and couldn’t guarantee him a feature role. Same with Kentucky

I can see it, and frankly, I'm kind of disappointed we are still playing this game.  But at least it's not my money they're playing with so what the hell do I care?

I can see it, and frankly, I'm kind of disappointed we are still playing this game.  But at least it's not my money they're playing with so what the hell do I care?

As a program that needs as much help on the court as they do with PR in state off of it, it makes sense. Unfortunately Husker Basketball doesn’t have a treasure chest laying around for NIL like football does. Hopefully they can scrape something together to make it a tough decision for Baylor.